Chapter 22: Mixtape #2

August 30th, 6:30am

August 30th, 6:30am

I woke up to loud banging downstairs. Why is there always something going on downstairs?

I turned over to see Chan wasn't in bed next to me. Something was wrong.

I got out of the bed slowly, slipping into my slippers. I opened the door slowly to see that the halls were dark with the lights all off. Most of the guys' bedroom doors were open too. Were they all downstairs?

I made my way to the staircase and looked down at the bottom of the staircase. No one was around there so I slowly made my way down.

"What the fuck are we supposed to do now!? We lost that crazy bastard and this psycho took cyanide!" I heard Lee Know yelling.

What happened?

I turned the corner and saw everyone except Jeongin, Seungmin, Hyunjin, and Felix in the kitchen. They all looked frustrated about something. Who were they talking about?

Chan ran his fingers through his hair and turned around to walk away, heading towards my direction. He saw me and the expression on his face instantly softened. He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and lead me back to the staircase. "Why are you down here?"

"You guys were being loud so I woke up. Then I came down here to see what was going on."

Chan rubbed my back as we made our way up the stairs. I looked at him and saw his tired eyes and heavy eyebags. He hasn't really gotten much sleep the past few days, especially with being on top of the TMT situation.

"Next time, just try to go back to sleep. Okay?" He opened the door and followed into the room behind me.

I sat down on the bed. "Sorry." I pulled the covers over my legs and he sat down next to me. He got under the covers as well and wrapped his arm around me.

"It's okay, just be careful. It's not safe nowadays." He kissed my forehead gently.

"And with all that's happening, you're more at risk than any of us. Even Lily. I have to keep an eye out all the time, so if I'm not here, don't worry." Chan laid down next to me, having me lay down as well. He pulled me into his embrace, tucking me under the covers. "We just have to get married, get that contract signed, ally up, and we'll finally be more risk free. RRS will send a bunch of their team here for you to lead and for them to protect you. Got it?"

I gave him a small nod and he smiled. I buried my face into the crook of his neck, his hand stroking my hair gently. It felt nice being held this way. I've never been held this way. It just makes me feel a lot more comfortable with Chan, in a different way. Not comfortable as how I am with Lily or the other guys. But just comfortable in my own way with him.

I let out a quiet yawn, snuggling up to him more.

"I'll tell Lee Know you won't train this morning." Chan said, burying his face into my hair. I was supposed to get up at 7:30 but now I'm already wake and my sleep got messed up. I guess that's why he wants to cancel.