Chapter 14: Back in Korea

August 11th, 8:00am

August 11th, 8:00am

We came back to Korea yesterday. I had fallen asleep early last night due to jet lag. My eyes were too heavy to keep up and I knocked out once I got to bed.

It's Changbin's birthday and luckily I got him a gift from Australia before we left. The members and I wanted to throw him a surprise party but he didn't want one, telling us a few days beforehand. We respected his wishes and decided to just have a nice, simple party with him.

I rubbed my eyes and yawned widely. "Ahhhh..." There was soft knocking on my door and I rolled onto my side to look at the door. "Y/n ah, are you awake?"

It was Seungmin. I wonder why he's at my door this early. "I'll be there in a minute!"

Quickly, I got out of bed and put on my slippers and my robe. I went over to the door, fixed my hair, and then opened it. "Y/n, can you pick up Changbin's birthday cake from the basement? I can't go down there right now and everyone else is asleep."

Nodding, I looked into the hall before looking back at Seungmin. "I'll go once I get dressed." Seungmin nodded and left down the stairs.

- ,,

After changing, I headed down to the basement. Why did he leave the cake here? To hide it from Changbin? I opened the door and headed downstairs into the basement. It was really dark and I literally couldn't find any light switches. Where are the windows? I found a fridge in the far back area and opened it. The cake was in a box inside of the fridge. I grabbed it and took it out of the fridge before closing the fridge door.

I felt hands grab my shoulders. I screamed loudly and took out my pocket knife, running away and then turning around.

"Calm down! It's me."

I let out a loud sigh of relief when I saw it was just Chan. "You almost gave me a heart attack!"

He just laughed and took the cake box from me. "My bad, love."

What's with all the pet names recently? Just because we're getting married doesn't mean he has to call me all these things. He's been like this the past few days, increasingly calling me them more and more.

I groaned and headed back up the stairs, him following behind me. "Don't scare me like that ever again. It looked like one of those basements in the conjuring. I could've easily hurt you with my knife."

He chuckled and put the cake into the fridge in the kitchen. Seungmin was making a big meal at the stove.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again. I didn't know you could scream like that though."

I shrugged and watched Seungmin cook.

"I wonder if I could make you scream another way too." I turned my head quickly and smacked his back hard, making him yelp. "Okay, okay! I won't touch you."