Chapter 29 : A Different Perspective

September 21st, 10:43am

"Where do I put the targets?" Lee Know pushes the cart of heavy targets towards the back center of the large vacant room.

We haven't used this room in years after renovating the mansion and moving our gym equipment to our current home gym.

I walk over to the cart and pick up one of the heavy circular targets with a grunt. "I'll take care of it. You go back upstairs and get the decorations with Changbin."

Lee Know gives me a half-assed salute from his exhaustion and runs back upstairs.

I carry the target I'm holding towards the wall and hang it onto the big ass nail I jammed into the wall with a hammer. I do the same with the other four targets before stepping back and taking a look. I let out a satisfied hum. "She's going to love this."

Changbin and Lee Know come down the stairs into the room with a wide box.

"Chan hyung, I have the decorations!" Changbin says excitedly for the surprise I have planned.

I grin and take the box from him. "Thanks Bin and Minho, you can go now."

They nod and leave upstairs. I take out the decorations. Some lights, a bunch of arrows, and vines of roses with the thorns still attached. I wrap the rose vines around the targets, making them look pretty and presentable as a surprise.

Seungmin comes down the stairs with a chocolate cheesecake. I take the cake from him. "Thank you, Seungmin."

Seungmin nods. He looks around the room, his expression a show of surprise. "Wow, you put a lot of effort into remodeling this room."

"It has to be perfect of course. I want only the best for her."

Seungmin pats my back and gives me a thumbs up before heading upstairs. "I'll get her now!"

"Alright!"

- ,,

11:02am

I wonder what's taking so long. Sure, I told Hyunjin to make sure Y/N wears something appropriate for archery but I didn't think it'd take even longer than how long I've prepared this room this morning.

Speaking of the devil... Here she comes. Hyunjin leading her down the stairs carefully before leaving.

There she is with an archery uniform on her and her hair up. The uniform fitted her nicely and was black and red, just like I told Hyunjin to design. She looks beautiful in an outfit that suits her dream, and I can't pry my eyes off of her.

Y/N walks towards me awkwardly with a blindfold around her head. I reach my hands around the back of her head and untie the blindfold before letting it drop to the floor.

"Hey, doll." I give her a warm smile, taking in her beautiful eyes.

She smiles back. "What's the big surprise?"

I put my hands on her shoulders and turn her around slowly to face the decorated targets. "This."

Although I can't see her face since I'm standing behind her now, I can tell she's surprised because she let out an audible gasp. She slowly turns around to meet my gaze, her lower lip quivering.

"Are you crying?" My eyesbrows furrow slightly in concern but I offer a smile and pull her into my embrace.

She buried her face into the crook of my neck and I can tell her unshed tears were on the brink of leaving wet trails down her cheeks.

"Aw, baby, do you like it that much?"

"I love it. No one's ever done something as thoughtful as this for me, even if it's just for a sport." She hugs me tightly, squeezing me.

I chuckle softly and rub my hand up and down her back. "I'm glad you love it. And I hope you use this room often from now on. It's just for you."

She looks up at me with watery eyes. "Really?"

I nod and reach my hands up to cup her cheeks. I dry away her tears with my thumbs. "Of course."

Y/N slowly pulls away from my embrace and looks back at the targets. She then looks down at the box of arrows before her gaze returns to mine. "Can I?"

I nod my head and grab her signature archery bow before handing it to her.

She smiles happily; she has a smile I want to see on her face all the time. Her body turns to face the target in the middle and she takes an arrow before raising it to her bow, aligning it.

As she shoots and hits the target a few inches away from the center, I still cheer. She smiles but then frowns slightly. "My arm or aim isn't good anymore."

I frown and wrap my arms around Y/N. "It's okay. Just practice. And if you enjoy it, that's really all that matters. So don't feel bad. You'll be back to your old self in no time." I kiss the top of her head.

She nods and smiles up at me once again. I'm glad I can reassure her and make her feel better. And I'm certainly glad I was able to do this for her.

˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥

This was a short chapter for a Thursday, but I just wanted to see how you guys felt about some chapters I write being of Chan's smitten view of Y/N. 🤗

I want to just make this entire book fluff but I can't, so I'll just make a few more chapters cutesy. Don't get too comfortable. 😞

LOVE YOU GUYS FOR READING UP TO THIS CHAPTER 🫶🏻

ೃ⁀➷