Chapter 34: Haven

!! Warning - Tiny bit of spice ( no real smut ) !!

October 2nd, 8:34am

I just got back from my 5th day of training to be the leader of RRS. Lee Know of course was still training me along with Hyunjin, but there were a few instructors sent from Australia to help me out and give me the best training to prepare me.

It hasn't been easy, but I'd say they're taking it easy on me for now. The trainers are strict and don't take tiredness as an exception to take a break, even if I've been really exhausted the past week.

Chan and I have also been preparing our wedding plans since we were getting married in a few weeks. I'm pretty excited. I already have my wedding dress fitted and perfected, and of course Chan got us beautiful matching wedding rings. I love that he's been spending more time with me recently. He still feels guilty after arguing with me; I can tell. So I guess he's just trying to make up for it by showing me he does care and he does love me by spending time with me more.

I walk up the stairs with wobbly legs, aching from the excruciating training. My stomach swirls with uneasiness as I reach my bedroom, and I end up rushing towards the bathroom to hunch over the toilet bowl.

The contents of my stomach empty out and I hear Chan rushing inside to help hold my hair up, concern evident in his voice.

He rubs my back when I finish vomiting.

"You good? Did you eat anything bad? What happened?" He brushes his fingers through my hair, soothing me.

I nod slowly. "I'm okay. I guess the left over noodles from the fridge went bad by the time I ate them."

Chan flushes the toilet for me while I brush my teeth and rinse. He scoops me up after I dry my hands and face, carrying me to the bed.

After laying me down, he presses the back of his hand to my forehead. "No fever."

"I'm fine, Channie. It's just a little upset stomach." He doesn't believe me when I say that, his eyebrows scrunched together like he's solving the hardest math equation ever.

I yawn and stretch as he climbs onto the bed next to me and pulls me into a cuddle. "I'm so tiiiirreedd."

"That must've been some tough training, huh? I remember when I had training for becoming a leader. Took so many years. It was grueling. I swear I was going to collapse one day."

I bury my face into his chest. "You're making me afraid of training any further."

He laughs softly and kisses my forehead. "Sorry, babe. I'm sure you'll do great anyway. You're very strong."

I smile and kiss his cheek, right on his adorable dimple, earning a giggle from him. He rolls over, pushing me under him and kissing my cheek. His lips trail down my jawline, to my neck, and then toward my collarbone. My breathing is heavy as I let his hands roam all over me, his fingers tantalizing my skin.