004

Elianna

The shower was definitely the thing I needed after the long flight. After I was done, I put on a simple makeup to make sure I won't look like a corpse and looked for clothes in my suitcase. Since I was travelling for only five days, I didn't take much, but I made sure I had clothes for almost every situation nonetheless.

In the middle of deciding what to wear, there was a knock on the door to my room. I thankfully had my shorts and oversized hoodie on so I went to the door immediately. And after spotting Charles already prepared to go, I was once again reminded I sometimes tend to take too long.

"Well, look at you," Charles commented when he entered my room with raised eyebrows.

"Don't say anything and come help me choose what to wear," I closed the door and together we went to my suitcase. Without any question he dove into it and grabbed a pair of denim shorts and white top with long sleeves.

"Take this, it's only going to be you and me so let's be comfortable," he handed me the clothes and I took it with a warm smile.

"Thank you," I replied and disappeared to the bathroom and changed my clothes. I was happy with the choice he made because it was exactly my favourite thing to wear. It's a good thing we've known each other for so long because I know I can rely on him in these scenarios and of course, the same is from my side to him.

I opened the door and made a little spin for him at which he chuckled, "Yep, I made a great choice," he said proudly and I gave him a grin.

Putting on my black converse - that are literally hundred years old but I refuse to buy new ones - and taking a purse with my necessities, together me and Charles headed out to the restaurant.

He acknowledged that he chose the one he always goes to every time he's in here and that he already made a reservation. We strolled through the streets of Miami that were lightened by the lamps as it was starting to be dim all around.

The walk to the restaurant took us only about ten minutes. And while that, I was surprised no one recognised Charles. But I knew it wouldn't last forever and it would come at some point.

When we entered the restaurant, we were accompanied by the staff to our reserved table. The restaurant was in a minimalistic style, decorated with candles and a lot of plants, a piano music silently playing in the background, making the whole place cosy.

"So, what are the plans?" I started after the waitress took our orders and left.

"Tomorrow we're going to have practice, Saturday qualifying and Sunday race. You can attend everything and be at the Ferrari garage for the entire time, I made sure they will take care of you. But you're free to do whatever you want of course, no pressure," Charles explained and took a sip of his water, "Also then there's dinner with drivers planned on Sunday, you're invited as well since you're here with me."

"Sounds cool," I nodded and leaned my elbows on the table, "What are your thoughts?"

A thing about him; he talks about his thought process every single time before some race so I never forget to ask him about it. Obviously everyone likes to talk about the stuff they like and want to discuss everything about it, and Charles is no exception.

"To be honest, I think it could be promising, the car was great last week so hopefully this week will be no exception," he folded his hands under his chin and gave me a nod, "What about you though, how have you been?"

I sighed and looked down at the table. I haven't disclosed anything about the situation of my relationship yet since it happened. I was sure I could, I just didn't know how to say it properly. Every time I thought about it, I only felt sad. And I certainly didn't want to bring down the mood only because of the silly relationship I chose to have one day. Plus I still haven't talked to Zane yet, I've been ignoring his texts and calls for the last three days.