058

Elianna

My birthday week was officially coming up in a day. Normally people celebrate just the day of their birthday, in my case me and my family celebrated the whole week. It was just a habit my parents created when I was little, same thing with my brother and sister.

And because it was a family tradition, that was the exact reason I was coming to the ranch. My brother texted me that he and our sister will be coming too and that I should bring Lando as well. For a strange reason it didn't sound that bad, until the second I stepped into Lando's car and he drove the path to the Brighton landscape away from London.

There was the confusing indecisiveness and dangerous spontaneity of mine again. Contradicting feelings raised to my mind all over, one side of me wanting Lando to meet my family and vice versa, the other cursing myself for even thinking about it in the first place and being aware of the fact I would have to lie again. At this point, I'm not even surprised by all those contradicting feelings and questions. I'm a walking spontaneity.

Driving through the path bordered by blooming trees, we reached the white fence with a big gate where a sign The Davidsons Ranch was written in bold italics, decorated with a running horse graphics and stars.

I stepped out of the car and went to open the gate for Lando to drive through. As I came back, his astonished expression wasn't left unnoticed by me, making me giggle. He said, "I expected a lot but not this beauty."

I smiled, knowing of the rich history and meaning behind all of the hard work my family - mostly my dad - had put into this place. "My dad is very proud of this, I'm sure that will be one of the things he will tell you about."

The Davidsons ranch was founded by Marco Davidson, my great-grandfather. He came from a family of quite poor farmers and thanks to his hard work during his early years, he managed to start his own business of selling homemade goods and stabling horses for the bigger class of the time.

Then his son, my grandfather Martin Davidson, took over the reign, translating it more into a horse ranch which still earned a lot of money and the name Davidson was very well respected around the place.

Lastly, my dad made the decision of turning it into a horse ranch together with accommodation with rich and breathtaking surroundings. He is basically the head of the whole action, owns the place, runs the place and in his spare time is a personal coach of training horse riding for competitions.

And in the future, the reign of this paradise will fall on me. Yes. Me, the indecisive YouTuber, who falls for every trap and with naivety through the roof. But I believe that everything happens for a reason and that all those things I've been through so far will get me to achieve something big. That's the sentence my dad was practically drilling into my head when I was young.

My father is the one who taught me everything. He is the one who supported me in everything in every way possible and I'll be forever grateful for that. Even through the toughest times in my life, even when I stopped talking with both of my parents and ran away to Monaco, he waited for me and understood my reasoning.

Even when we don't see each other as much, we are close as ever, and that's the most precious part.

Taking our bags and walking through the parking lot, we reached the porch in front of the big house where there was a small fountain and neatly shaped flowers and bushes. The building was split in two - a public part and the accommodation part, both in deep blue coloured walls, black roof, white trims and fences splitting the porch and entrance.

We entered through the open main door of the public building and were met with the reception desk, where a familiar face sat behind the computer screen. I put on an uninterested look and stepped to the desk with my chin high, "Hello, I should have a reservation here on the name Davidson."