021

Elianna

"For what reason did you want to borrow me?"

Lando was looking down at me with a daring smirk. After he helped me get away from my ex-boyfriend, I forgot how easily this man could get on my nerves just by saying one simple sentence.

"Today a girl came up to me, telling me she didn't want to interrupt me because I was taking a photo of you."

"You were taking a photo of me?" He raised his eyebrows playfully.

"No no no, I phrased that wrong," I stuttered and face palmed myself. "I was taking a picture for my insta story, but I didn't realise you were there and now it looks like I took it on purpose cause you are visible in it."

"Or just tell me that you actually did it on purpose," he challenged with daring eyes and crossed arms on his chest, still holding onto his bottle.

I gave him a death stare, "Not in your wildest dreams."

"Nightmares, perhaps?"

"Lando," I groaned, "This whatever people created between us is getting worse. You told me you'll handle it - I might be really impatient - but so far you haven't done anything, from what I know of."

"I told you I'll handle it because I actually did ask what to do already. My PR manager said she's onto something, I will let you know first thing as I know," he explained, his tone of voice and expression for once serious.

But there was something about the way he was saying it. It was as if he knew something more than he was telling me.

I pursed my lips and nodded. I was about to leave when two young girls came to us with wide smiles on their faces, "Lando! Elianna!"

"Can we take a picture with you?"

"Sure, go ahead I'll take it for you guys," I reached my hand for her phone she was holding, because I thought they wanted a picture with Lando. But when I was about to take it, she pulled the phone away from me with a smile.

"With both of you together please?"

"Oh," I said and looked at Lando with a surprised look. He had one corner of his lips raised as he stood in his place while me and one of the girls arranged our places, in which I was standing next to Lando, with the girl in front of us since she was small.

Lando put one of his arms around me when I put my palm on the girl's shoulder, "Say cheese."

"Oh shut up," I rolled my eyes at him and smiled while the other girl took the picture. Then the two switched places but me and Lando remained in the same position with his arm stretched around my shoulders.

I glared up at him, and he gave me a smirk without even looking at me. Yet again he was looking as if he knew what he was doing.

And I was just a pawn in his stupid little game.

The girls thanked us and went away right after, leaving us alone again. Lando stepped back from me, giving me my personal space back. Not that I had problems with physical touch from other people, however from a certain point I rather back away and am in my own comfortable bubble of space where no one else is.

"Ferrari chain huh?" Lando spoke, pointing to the camera that was hanging on the red chain around my neck. "You're recording again?"

"I got it from Charles," I explained with a chuckle, "And yes, I'm recording again." I was a little taken aback why he asked about that. A question came into my mind and I asked it out loud, "Did you watch my videos or..?"

"If you think I stalked you and now know everything about you, then no. But to be clear, I stumbled across it when I was on YouTube so I watched some parts of it."

It suddenly became too hot. Was I embarrassed about him watching my videos? No...I like the videos and I'm proud of my edit, there's nothing to be ashamed of. But why do I care about him watching it?

No, Elianna, you don't care, it's just the weather that's making you feel hot.

"Well, did you like it?" I tried to sound normal and lead a normal human conversation. Initially I wanted to be back with Genevieve and Charles already but now I'm stuck here with Lando because I feel too bad to just walk away when we just started talking about something.

"Yeah, it's not bad. However I have one note about something that I feel like is lacking in your F1 vlog," he smirked and I eyed him suspiciously, "I feel like I should be making an appearance."

"And why do you think that would be a good idea?" I scoffed playfully.

"Because I'm the World Champion and everyone likes me," he took a step closer to me with a challenging look.

"Just because you're that doesn't necessarily mean you have to be in my videos?" I asked rhetorically.

"But it would increase the views?" He copied the tone of my voice.

"It's my videos, I can put whatever I want in them," I said calmly, crossing my arms.

He was staring at me deeply into my eyes. His greenish-blue eyes were daring, giving him an incredibly confident look along with the sly smile on his lips and his stand.

I was very aware that we were practically in the middle of everything, a lot of people were looking at us and most importantly, cameras were everywhere around.

I was also very aware of every theory that was made about us. And it angered me that people were so gullible. On one hand I understood why, on the other I felt like they shouldn't look into famous personalities' personal lives.

And last but not least, weren't we supposed to lay low, as he previously said back when it all began?

Maybe this was a mistake, it's exactly what I didn't come here for and I might regret it later, but I decided to trust that Lando will do something about it and it will stop.

I knew I should just walk away if I really wanted it to stop. But it didn't feel bad talking to him.

"Fair enough, fair enough," he raised his hands in defence, "But y'know, you're always invited to go and record some clips of me."

"I feel like if I'd do that, it would break the internet and I'm not sure if I want to do that," I squinted my eyes and smiled.

He smiled at me, revealing little dimples before looking at the ground, "I do that almost on a daily basis."

I shook my head at his never ending bold comments. This man is something else.

Looking around, I spotted Genevieve with Charles in the back, who secured food as they said previously. "Oh, they're done already so I think this will be my cue to leave."

He turned to look at the pair and then back at me, "Alright, I suppose I'll see you around. Don't forget to cheer for me, Sparkles."

There was his nickname again, it made me think about why he is calling me that.

But I didn't ask why, just rolled my eyes as I was on my way to my friends, "Maybe if you'll win I'll consider cheering for you," I said sarcastically and went away.