044

Elianna

There was incomprehensible silence between me and Lando since Hungary. Which, I didn't really pay much attention to because I was a little mad at him for being so sure I don't care about him - which wasn't true at all. He would just stay silent and ignore me, not even try to listen.

On the other hand, as I entered my hotel room in Spa, where the current upcoming Belgium Grand Prix was, I came to the conclusion that I couldn't stay mad at him, knowing that at the time he was also acting up because he didn't have, in his opinion, a good result.

I was only attending the track on qualifying and race day, because travelling somewhere for four days was getting little time consuming for me.

As I walked alone through the paddock on Saturday, the whole Formula 1 happenings suddenly had a different effect on me. I came to a realisation that if it weren't for me to go to that Miami GP in May and bump into Lando a few times, I'd still probably be where I was back before. Which compared to my situation now was easier but I wasn't happy with the person I was.

Perception that I felt more free now was what came to my mind. Maybe it was because I got out of that toxic relationship or that I really started doing whatever I wanted to do. Well, sort of, if we scratch the fake dating stunt with an F1 driver.

"Sparkles?"

I arrived at McLaren and I didn't even remember how I got there.

Now Lando was standing in front of me, his fireproof top on and suit hanging from his hips. It was after qualifying for the sprint, little sweat drops on his forehead and marks from helmet visible on the sides of his face, his eyes focused on me.

"Lando, hi," I got out when I came back to reality, "Um..how did the qualifying go?"

"First for today, second tomorrow," he said, amusement laced in the tone of his voice.

I gave him a proud smile, "Wow, look at you."

A low chuckle left his lips as he looked me up and down, making me check myself quickly in case I dropped coffee on myself or something.

He noticed and smirked, "Don't worry, you're all okay."

I rolled my eyes at him, "See how your opinion is valid to me?"

"Yeah um–also about last week. To be honest, I was very angry with myself because I should've done better and emotions just took over my judgement. So I'm sorry that I was rude and put it on you."

Raising my eyebrows, taking a second to recollect my thoughts and realise what he just told me, I bit my lip. "I will be honest, I was a little mad at you for taking it on me," I told him truthfully, in which he reacted by looking down at his feet, "But I get it, you were disappointed and the only solution for you was to be an ass."

Chuckle left his mouth as he crossed his arms on his chest, "Yeah well, you were in every right to be mad at me."

A lopsided smile made its way to my lips as I looked around the room, no one other than the two of us was in there. We stood there in silence, Lando looking like he wasn't present with his mind as he was looking somewhere behind me.

Then he shook his head and cleared his throat, "We should go, the sprint is gonna start soon and I don't think the team would like it if I missed it."

I agreed with a playful smile and stepped to the side, motioning for him to go out of the door that was behind me. He looked at me with cocked eyebrows and eyed me up and down again before reaching his hand to my back and leading me out with him.