028

Elianna

"Do you have the questions from Zoe?" Lando asked while finishing his food. This time was definitely a lot better than the last time we hung out. We talked about the next plan of action, in which I'm going to go to the Austria and British Grand Prix, which I was super excited about already.

"Yup, I got them right here," I pulled my phone out of my purse and opened the notes app. Zoe sent us some questions that we could ask each other to get to know one another better. Not that neither of us could come up with questions ourselves, but I supposed she wanted to make sure that we talked.

"Okay shoot," he intertwined his fingers and focused his eyes on me.

"Full name, date of birth, place of birth...dunno why we need to know that but sure."

"Fans know a lot nowadays so if you don't know the exact time I was born - that I have to admit I don't know myself - they'd suspect you don't even date me," he explained.

"Well, I'm not exactly dating you so..." I bit my lip and he gave me a death glare, "Nevermind, just answer."

"Lando Norris, 13th November 1999, Bristol," he said simply, "Your turn."

"You don't have a middle name?" I furrowed my brows and he looked at me, shaking his head. "Hm okay. Elianna Iris Davidson, 15th August 2000, Brighton."

"Iris?"

"Yes."

"Okay, Iris," he kept saying my middle name, as if he was learning how to pronounce it, just like he did the first time we met. He looked at his phone and then back at me, "Do you have any siblings? If yes, what are their names?"

"I have a brother Finn - he's seventeen, and a sister Theresa that is fifteen," I said with a smile. Both of my siblings and I were generally very close, and although we don't see each other as much because we're all busy, we make sure to keep in touch. "You?"

"Older brother Oliver and two younger sisters Cisca and Flo," he said simply, "Your turn to ask a question."

"What's your favourite colour?"

"Are we in some kindergarten or how is this relevant to you?" He narrowed his eyes with a scrunched nose.

"It is relevant to me because based on that I can decide whether you have a weird sense of style or if you're a decent human," I explained and he gave me a weird look.

"I don't have one," he shook his head.

I sighed and looked him deeply in his eyes, "You must have a favourite colour c'mon."

"Okay then it's black, I don't know," he threw his hands in the air and I chuckled, his answer wasn't surprising. "What is your favourite huh?"

"Probably white," I thought, "Next question, what is–"

"Hey! My turn!" Lando cut me off with raising his voice and scrunching his brows.

"Right! Sorry," I giggled. His face now resembled a child that wanted to prove its point but his parents cut him off, it was a funny sight.

He coughed dramatically and read out loud from his phone, "Do you have a pet? Jesus, what type of questions are these?"

"They just wanted to make sure we actually talk, I don't know," I waved a hand in the air and he shrugged his arms and hummed, "I don't have any at my apartment but at my dad's place we have two dogs, a cat and a horse. Well, a lot of horses but there's one that belongs only to us."

"Wow, a lot of pets I see," he showed a slight bit of interest, "Do you have a family ranch or something?"

"Yeah, my dad owns one near Brighton. It's a lovely place to stay for a few days when you want your mind to wander off."

He nodded his head contently and looked down at his phone, "Well anyway, we have Darth, you met him already."

"Oh yes, how is he?"

"You're talking about him like he's a human being," he cackled and I shook my head.

"He deserves to be treated like one! He's cute," I crossed my arms on my chest.

We kept going back and forth with the questions for another couple of minutes. He didn't have any problem with answering but he also wasn't particularly sharing. But to be fair, neither was I. But on the positive side, even small things make a difference and I got to know him at least a little bit, even though he was pretty much vague the whole time.

Then we decided to leave - in which I finally got to pay - and it meant that we had to take that atrocious way across the street with passing cars. We got out of the restaurant and I immediately whined, "Isn't there another way?"

"I'm pretty sure there is, but this is the shortest one," he shrugged and looked at me, "Why are you whining about it? I thought you'd be happy to finally leave."

I gave him a death glare, "Yes, I am happy to leave, but I'd be more happy if I wouldn't have to take this scary way."

"It's not scary."

"You're just gonna keep looking for dangerous things and happen to drag me with you, aren't you?" I forced a fake smile.

"Better get used to it, Iris," he smirked at me before taking my hand in his and forcing me to go forward without any warning.

There he was again with his stupid attitude that made me feel questionable things that I rather didn't even want to know the answer for. He was annoying but at the same time he always managed to wrap me around his finger. How did he do that?

And how did I let myself feel like I didn't find him that bad?

I came here tonight to tell him to treat me with respect because the last time he treated me like I was someone less than him. Yet today it didn't feel that horrible at all. In fact, it started to feel like we could go through all of this without any further problems.

But of course, since Lando isn't very predictable with his emotions, I can't decide if he's going to treat me like a decent person or if he's going to be a pain in my ass. The only thing I can be sure of is that time will tell and whether it will be good or not, I will embrace it somehow.