043

Elianna

"Lando Norris is on pole position for the Hungarian Grand Prix!" was heard across the whole place as the Mclaren formula car with number 4 finished its cool down lap.

Another Formula 1 race was ahead of us, this time in Hungary. The qualifying session ended with great results for the closest ones for me. I watched as Lando stepped out of his car and gave the interviewer his opinions, same with Charles, who got second place, followed by George Russell on third.

This weekend was only different because I finally got to meet Oscar's girlfriend, Lily, who was a very sweet soul and a perfect buddy to have conversations with. Honestly it was better when I had company that knew what was going on the screen, so I could comprehend the sport better.

"Guys, if you didn't know, this is the reality of dating F1 drivers," I said to my camera that was propped against a tissue box on the table we were sitting at with Lily. We were waiting for the two McLaren guys to finish their interviews and were really bored.

"And they're still so surprised whenever we bring school or work with us and do it here," she added and I nodded. At least I could finish more books and had a lot of time to edit, I have to admit that.

When Lando and Oscar were done, they joined us as we went back to the hotel we were all staying at. Before we went our separate ways, Lily came with an idea of all four of us going on dinner later, which we all agreed on.

"And then he cut me off so I had to steer like that," Lando was vividly explaining how he saved his lap during the qualifying, mimicking the car with his hands, as Oscar listened to him carefully.

Me and Lily were watching them on the opposite side of the table, as they discussed their whole qualifying laps, which felt like their own debrief meeting. They ended talking about it when the food arrived, coming up with a conclusion that they could've done better apparently.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you, Oscar, Nina is coming tomorrow," Lily announced as she drank from her glass of water.

"Okay, I'm gonna be racing anyway so you'll be the babysitter," Oscar said unbothered, taking another bite of his meal and Lando scrunched his nose.

"Who's Nina?"

"My cousin," Lily said.

"You have a cousin?"

"You'll be happy to stay in your car for two hours, mate, trust me," Oscar intruded and received a look from his girlfriend.

"Oz, don't say that," she scolded but a faint smile played on her lips, "Nina is little..different and Oscar thinks she's too much."

Oscar snickered, "She goes around thinking she's the centre of the universe!"

"That reminds me of someone," I teased, looking in Lando's way. He cocked head to the side with a judging look, knowing I was pointing out the first few times we interacted.

"Speak for yourself, love," he uttered.

Before I got to defend myself in any way, the waiter approached us and gave us the bill, which we paid and left right after.

As I walked through the pitlane, sunglasses on my eyes shielding the hot sun and feeling a camera on me, I reached the Ferrari garage where Charles told me to meet up with him.

"Look! Traitor is here!" Spanish accent was the first thing that I heard when I entered the red garage, filled with sounds of preparations for the race.

I chuckled as I spotted Carlos sitting on the counter on Charles's side of the garage, bottle of drink in his hand. "Why traitor?"

"You are McLaren girl now," he explained with raised brows and chin high.