011

Elianna

My mouth was wide open, my body still in shock that Lando actually made the jump safe and sound. I didn't even realise that I covered my eyes with my hands in the heat of the moment.

"Are you actually that surprised I made it?" Lando cocked his head to the side with one raised brow. Maybe I was underestimating him too much, however I'd consider my concerns valid.

"I think rather pessimistically so I don't end up disappointed when something doesn't work out," I deadpanned and turned back against him, sitting on my sofa and murmuring, "You have a death wish."

"It's called determination to do something more, not having a death wish," he challenged and I rolled my eyes.

My phone started vibrating with a call. I peeked at it and immediately turned it down when I saw the caller ID. "You always have an answe–" it started ringing again. This time I groaned in frustration and turned my phone completely off.

Lando stared at me in confusion, his arms crossed on his chest, "You should take it, it looks important."

"Trust me, this is not important now."

"Really? I saw you looking at it in the restaurant and also when you came here," he took a step closer. I frowned, not looking at him, and he looked at me with a question in his eyes, "Is something happening?"

"No," I abruptly said, raising my voice a little. I noticed he was slightly taken aback by my sudden outburst but I started growing really frustrated with all of this. "Sorry, I just don't want to deal with...someone right now."

He nodded his head and kept standing there. It was my time to lean my head to the side with a question, "Now, will you tell me the reason why you risked me being traumatised for the rest of my life by you almost dying because of jumping between our balconies?"

"Listen, I just wanted to try it out," he shrugged and took a seat next to me. He eyed the book on the armrest of the sofa before taking it into his hands and examining it by going through the pages. "This is so long."

"No it's not," I defended the book, "This is one of the shorter ones I own, actually."

He raised his brows at me with a horrified expression, "Don't tell me you have longer ones."

"This is a 300 page one, but I could find some 500 page ones on my shelf for sure," when I told him that, he looked at me as if I told him I drink my own urine every morning instead of tea. "What?"

"Are you a real human?"

I squinted my eyes and arched my brows together, "Do you have something against it? Reading is actually fun."

"Words and sentences written on paper are too complicated to deal with," Lando put the book on his thigh and patted it, "Although I know some can be enjoyable. I just don't particularly enjoy the process."

"Fair enough I suppose," I shrugged, "For me it's a form of escaping reality and living through some different universe every time you read a different book. And especially if things get too much, I just let myself lose my thoughts in it."

Sometimes I have problems with talking too much and rambling about things I enjoy and when I realise the person I'm talking to is not much into it, I feel weird. I was prepared to apologise for my rambling to Lando however when I looked at him, he looked genuinely interested in what I was saying, which was a rare occurrence for me.

But I chose to apologise anyways, "Sorry, if this is boring you, just say it to me." It was kind of a normal thing for me. Whenever I talked with Zane about something I enjoy, he brushed it off and started talking about his things instead. Which wasn't the best for me but I chose to listen to him with a smile anyways.