068

Elianna

University has been the number one priority in my head for the last couple of weeks. It was my last year and I wanted to enjoy the most of it. Then my career was pretty much set - considering having myself secured in the influencer space. It wasn't the only option though, since I could get into PR managing with my degree pretty easily as well as with my contacts, but that was a matter of my future self.

For the past four weeks it has been essentially the same. Sleep, go to uni, do some work and repeat. Sometimes hanging out with Amanda or my siblings added to my imaginary schedule, also calling with Gigi or Charles - or Arthur when it came to it - whenever they or I weren't busy.

Overall I distanced myself from everything that was associated around my social media life, which was, to be honest, quite refreshing. On the other side, people obviously noticed and wouldn't stop talking. Exactly the reason why I almost never went out with Charles before that time in Miami. But even after all that's been going on, I wouldn't change my decision from back in April.

Of course some things would be better off without happening in the first place, but I took it as a lesson.

It was also starting to get cold outside, the typical English gloomy weather playing with the scenery to appear sad and depressing - which wasn't left by a comment from my brother that it's exactly like my mood. I shrugged it off with a judgemental look and continued cleaning the horse gears.

I've been spending my time at the ranch a lot more than before, simply because I could take my mind off things easily whilst walking around without any awareness of my surroundings. The only place I've been avoiding was my room - a physical reminder of the summer.

So most of the time I spent outside when possible or in the living room, with a cup of tea in my hand and reading books. Or doing school work, of course.

"We're going to go to groceries for a quick restock," my dad's voice woke me up from the unplanned eye contest I was holding with our ragdoll cat Tavi, his footsteps coming closer to me, "Wanna come with?"

"I'd prefer not to, honestly," I shook my head with an apologetic smile and ran my fingers through Tavi's fluffy coat. "But I can make myself useful in other ways, if there's a need."

"All good," my dad shook his head and rested his elbows on the back of the sofa next to my head, "Do you have any special wishes for dinner?"

Biting my lip down with a deep breath, the drowsiness of the evening getting a hold on me, "No, I'm not really hungry. I'll have a coffee or something."

The percipient man he is, my dad gave me a knowing gaze with warning in his eyes, well aware of my past problems. "Lia, whatever is going on right now is a valid reason to feel down. However, you also need to understand that it is certainly not a reason to unintentionally fall down to that ravine of other problems. You know we all care about you, right? You have to take care of yourself."

"Yes, I know," turning my head to him, I glanced into his brown eyes that everyone said I got from him, "And I'm fine. Alive, healthy and healing."

"Well then," he sighed, "Does curry sound nice?"

I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness with a chuckle, "Fine, we can have some. Still want that coffee, though."

"Note that," he saluted and called my siblings down before we said quick goodbyes and they went to shop, leaving me alone.

Getting bored, I unlocked my phone for the first time in two days. It felt like I'd gotten back to a century without electronics with my lack of usement. The only time I really picked up my phone was to only call with my close ones, other than that not at all.