005

Elianna

I woke up to the annoying sound of my alarm that is seagulls chirping. Don't ask why I don't have some default sound like a normal human being. I wouldn't be able to come up with a reasonable answer.

Anyway, I stopped the alarm and rubbed my eyes. It was seven in the morning and I needed to start to get ready for the day. Normally I would wake up later, but since it's the first day of the Miami Grand Prix, I needed to present myself in the best way possible. Or try to do that at least.

Getting out of bed, my steps led to the bathroom where I took a shower and washed my hair. Putting on a hotel robe, I did my make-up and then blow dried my hair. I already prepared the outfit the night before after my encounter with a certain stranger guy from the other balcony.

I kept wondering whether I'll see him again or not. He said he's sure we'll get the chance, but whether it will actually happen or not, I have no idea.

Pushing the thought away, I checked the time and also saw a message from Charles where he said to meet him in the hotel's restaurant to get breakfast. Before going out of my room, I checked myself in the mirror for the last time. I wore black cropped t-shirt with ripped mom jeans. Not the most interesting, but hey, I wanted to be comfortable.

Charles smiled at me as I approached him. "Already in the red uniform, huh," I commented on his outfit and he rolled his eyes with a chuckle.

Once we were in the restaurant, we took our plates and went to the tables with different kinds of breakfast food. I took a lot of vegetables and an omelette and sat at our table. Charles soon joined me with his plate and started eating as well.

When we were done, we went to our rooms to pick up our necessities before heading out. As we drove in Charles's car, the more I began to realise what's happening.

"Earth to Elianna," his voice broke me out of my thoughts, "Stop thinking."

I huffed and leaned my head on the seat, "Not thinking anymore."

"Are you recording?" he changed the topic, his eyes focused on the road.

"Yup," I waved with the camera in the air and he looked at it with a warm smile, clearly because he noticed the chain on it that I was given by him.

Before I could notice it, we were at the place. Charles parked - somewhat normally - and turned towards me, "Stay by my side for now, I'll show you around after, okay?"

"Noted," I saluted and got out of the car. Together we got through the entrance and then Charles kept the lead whilst I followed him like a lost puppy. Literally.

And as soon as we got there, we were met with a lot of cameras that immediately started flashing and people going our way because of Charles. There were also some fans who asked for an autograph or photo with him to which he accepted and smiled widely. It was nice to see him that way, I know he appreciates his fans.

I kept the camera in my hands while smiling politely. Charles gave me a nod to follow him again and then we approached the Ferrari hospitality. He showed me around the place and I met some of the people from his team. They were all nice and friendly, immediately making me comfortable to be around.

Whilst Charles was doing some signing merch and other driver things, I entertained myself by looking around whilst comfortably sitting on one of the sofas and responding to some dms on my instagram.

"She won't like...put a spell on me or something, right?" a voice with a spanish accent came up from behind me. It was followed by a baffled 'no' that I recognised was from Charles.