024

Elianna

The morning was the complete opposite of the previous night. I woke up with a bad headache, which was the number one indicator that something was not right. Plus, not even seconds after I opened my eyes, all the memories from the night hit me all at once.

I remember being with a guy - who was whispering something I cannot remember to my ear - and then suddenly there was Lando. I was mad at him because he basically scared away the blond and stood there like a complete idiot. And then well...

My hands were around his neck, his hands hesitantly on my waist but when he loosened up, it was a completely different vibe. Our bodies were so close, our faces were so close and I wanted to-

What the fuck was I thinking.

And in the middle of all this thinking I needed to get myself ready for the flight. Today I was leaving Monaco and I was a mess.

Saying goodbyes to Leclercs and Genevieve didn't go without me absolutely bawling my eyes out. On a lighter note, we promised to see each other during the summer, so that kept me hopeful.

Then when we arrived at the airport, I said goodbye to the last person on the list; my mum. When I somehow managed to collect myself, I went to the gates and headed to my flight back to London.

My finals were over and the summer officially started. Well, summer break definitely, but the weather seemed to have a different choice of what it would be like, because instead of it being nice and shiny, it was gloomy and rainy. Not that I hated that - quite the opposite - but it also made me feel lazy.

I was on FaceTime with Charles and Genevieve, who were cooking lunch and I was laying on my sofa, editing on my laptop. We were talking about how we will go to Italy and also visit some other places when Charles will have his summer break too. Genevieve insisted on going to Tuscany - I gladly supported her idea.

And then all of a sudden, my phone buzzed with a notification on my Instagram. When I looked at it, I wrinkled my nose.

landonorris
Hi, could you please check your emails?
It's important.

"Why is Lando messaging me on instagram, saying I go check my emails because it's important?" I furrowed my brows, "Is he my haunting conscience now?"

"Your what-" Genevieve cackled and Charles just gave me a look mixed between confusion and...disgust? The quality of the video call wasn't that good so it was hard to decipher.

But I decided to go to my emails nonetheless. It was full of unread messages that were sitting there for a long time, some for PR packages, brand deals, even some school emails about me successfully getting through the semester. And then there was one specific one that I didn't notice before.

"Well?" Genevieve said impatiently while I was reading the email.

"It's from..uhh, Zoe Martin who is apparently a PR manager from McLaren and-"

"Are you sure it's from McLaren? It could be fake.." Charles interrupted me in the middle of my sentence, looking at me through the screen in concern, "What does she want?"

"I was about to tell you when you rudely jumped to my sentence," I said with a sarcastic smile, "She wants me to meet her at their Technology Centre. And I doubt it's fake since even Lando himself messaged me about it."

Charles frowned, "Why would they want you there?"

And then I realised that it might be because of whatever happened back in Monaco during the party and long before that. "I'm getting the feeling it's because I ruined Lando's reputation and now they want me to go to their centre and have a public execution of me," I rambled while throwing my hands around.