066

▷• ---------- • ϟ

Have you ever wondered how easy it is to pretend?

For both Elianna and Lando the word held a significant meaning. For either one of them a bit different at the start, turned to the same as they crossed paths and proceeded to make up something believable for the audience.

Although pretending wasn't an easy task to begin with, both of them were already met with such a thing in their past. Lando had grown in said surroundings which made his image the way it was. Such a perfect life on display, yet completely different behind the closed doors. For him, pretending was easy.

Therefore when he was met with the suggestion about having a fabricated relationship from his team, it wasn't that much of a surprise. Of course he was annoyed that they tried to manage his life in every way, but that was also something he got used to.

Elianna had a picture perfect life as well. But even to the people that don't show it bad things can happen. She had made up the perfect image of herself that was her role. Even when she loved the way her life was, there were often moments she wanted more.

She was scared, there was no doubt about that. Despite that she had always tried the opportunities. And what's the worst that could happen if you have a fake relationship? There were many circumstances when celebrities did such things, so I can do it as well, the younger her would argue.

The thing that she realised she was doing along the way of being with Lando was that she not only pretended to be with him, but lied to herself and him about her real feelings, which was the secret she had hidden from him.

She knew she couldn't continue like that. Because it would eventually all go downhill and hurt both of them.

Along with the excitement about the Italian Grand Prix in Monza that was all around the Formula 1 social media life, many more photos of Lando being with a girl that wasn't Elianna swarmed to the surface.

It's easy to say that nothing was the same after Monza.

After the ceremony Lando came back to the McLaren hospitality, smiling with satisfaction about securing another win to his name. However, right as he stepped in, expecting to see Elianna together with his PR manager Zoe, the British girl was nowhere to be seen.

Getting to know that she suddenly felt sick as the trophies were given and headed back to the hotel, his only thoughts were about her. He wondered if that was true or not, because she seemed to be different for the entire weekend. He didn't acknowledge it, thinking that perhaps she would tell it herself.

When he got to the car, he opened his phone to see if she responded to the texts he had sent before he went to change. Concern took over him when there was none, so he wasted no time and drove straight to the hotel.

Firstly he threw his things - that was only his ID card and car keys - on his hotel room bed and headed out. But right as he was about to close his door, he saw Charles wrapping his arms around her and coming to her room.

For a moment he stood there in the hotel room hall, contemplating whether he should go and try his chance of seeing her or if he will let Charles handle it. But then he furrowed his brows at the thought of it - if she was feeling bad, why would Charles go there and she was the one to let him in? Isn't Genevieve much more medically educated? The thing that was perhaps the most upsetting to him was the fact that she didn't even say anything to him personally.

Lando respected her, no need for further discussion. Nevertheless he still felt a little flame of irritation that she didn't tell him anything.

Coming back to his hotel room, he tore his shirt off and tossed it on the bed before going to shower. When he finished, he put on some clothes and sat down with his phone for the first time today. And there it was.