020

Elianna

"I forgot how crazy these days are," Genevieve remarked when we walked through one of the streets of Monaco, heading towards the Ferrari hospitality. Every time when we visited Monaco for the GP, the streets were always busy with traffic and people who mostly wanted to attend the event.

The original plan for us was to stay in one of Charles's friends' apartment and watch from the balcony together - in which you basically had a ticket for free, with a comfortable seat from your home - and go to the paddock only on race day, however Genevieve's spontaneous ideas made their way into our schedule.

So Genevieve being Genevieve, she somehow got us passes to not only paddock but also to the garages. And obviously you can't just turn this offer down, right?

"Yeah, this is madness," I agreed as we crossed the street. We were approaching fastly and I was very excited for this walking part to be over because if I'm going to be crystal clear - I was scared someone is going to run us over with a car.

Anyway, in the morning I was hoping that I received some positive answer from Lando. But instead of that, he replied with : Dunno, let me handle it.

In which I was happy he at least cared enough to reply but on the other hand I was unsure about whatever he's going to do - if ever.

So I said to myself that if he's not going to do anything about it till tomorrow evening, I'll either come up with something myself - because I have some sort of knowledge about this sort of area thanks to school -  or I'll run into him again by pure chance and confront him there.

I was rooting for the first option.

Genevieve and I arrived at the area of all the hospitalities safe and sound and headed for the one and only Ferrari. We quickly skimmed past the people and asked the engineers we came across where Charles was supposed to be.

He was apparently having coffee with his team before the session so that's exactly where we went. When we stepped into the room, we found him sitting on a chair, staring at us eyes wide open when he spotted us.

One little detail, he didn't know we were coming today.

"What are you two doing here?" he asked surprised, standing up so he could give a kiss on Genevieve's forehead and give me a side hug.

"Y'know the usual," Genevieve shrugged and gave me a wink at which I giggled.

"Oh sure, I can't leave you two shenanigans alone otherwise you'll come up with these ideas," he chuckled with a shook of his head, "How did you get passes?"

"Secret ally, I cannot tell you their identity otherwise this could never happen again and I don't want that," Genevieve pursed her lips at Charles, who sneaked his hand around her waist.

"Allié secret tu dis?" [Secret ally you say?] he pulled her close to him as she smiled, nodding innocently.

"Oh come on you two," I rolled my eyes in pretended disgust and turned to Charles's manager Renée who was smiling. I squinted my eyes at her and mouthed it was you at which she nodded slightly with a wink.

Start of the practice session came in quickly and we found ourselves sitting in the paddock with Renée, talking and discussing whatever was about to happen. During the second practice I spent on my phone, in an attempt to edit my essay.

After the session we met up with Charles after he finished his duties and headed to the restaurant we had booked earlier with my mother, Pascale and both of the other Leclerc brothers with their girlfriends.