046

Elianna

There was only one day for me to recharge my social battery since I got from Belgium before we were supposed to go on vacation to Tuscany in Italy and have a road trip from there to southeastern France. Only a day for me to get my things together.

Yeah, it didn't sound relaxing at all.

My YouTube was crying from the lack of content, due to me not having much time nor mood to edit, on the other hand, Instagram and Twitter followers were cheering as the daily dose of new Lando and Elianna - or Landianna, if you will - content dropped every day from fan pages.

The day was spent by me running from place to place, getting all necessities for the upcoming vacation, and also meeting up with my brother so I could give him some little gifts I got in Belgium. I felt exhausted by the time it hit five in the afternoon. The good thing about it all was that for the first time in a long time I wouldn't have to panic-pack in the morning before my flight.

The next day I woke up and made sure I had all things needed in my suitcase that I re-checked twice - it's a habit that my mum taught me. As I was braiding my hair, I heard a phone ringing in my bedroom.

Puting the last strands across one another and securing it with a hairband, I rushed to my room and accepted the call, "Are you in trouble or why are you calling me?"

"Why the fuck would I be in trouble?" Lando sounded offended, his British accent prominent as he sounded like he just woke up. It was ten in the morning. "I just wanted to tell you that I have a private flight for us."

"Private what?"

Apparently Lando didn't want to be on a plane with crying babies, that was the whole reason he got a private flight and was generous to take me with him. The only time I ever thought about having a private flight was when I was a kid, and by then I knew I could only dream about it. Well, guess some dreams come to reality.

As we walked toward the aircraft with Lando and his trainer, who was only taking this flight and then separating his way to have his own vacation, I took a long breath before walking up the stairs. I still pretty much hated flying, even though I had to go through that terrible process more because of attending the races.

To my luck, for once, as I entered I found Lando sitting in the window seat, already looking through the menu list. I plopped down next to him, crossing my arms and mentally getting ready for the flight.

As the aeroplane came to motion, about to depart, I closed my eyes and fidgeted with the rings on my fingers as I usually did.

Suddenly I felt light fingertips touch my hands, which made me stop and force my eyes open. I looked at Lando, who had furrowed brows and his eyes focused on my hands, "Your hands are cold."

A strained laugh escaped my lips, "I hate flying."

"Nothing is going to happen, it's just fine," he reassured as he intertwined his fingers with mine and squeezed my hand, providing comfort. The unexpected gesture succeeded in getting my attention elsewhere. "You know, I used to hate it too. When I was a kid. But right now it's a routine for me, so I don't mind it. Besides, it's said that it's the safest form of travel."

When he finished his sentence, we were already in the air. I had a weird sensation over my body, because of how much of an influence his touch and his attention in general had on me.

And why wouldn't he? Friends do these things. They are here for each other when the other needs it. Charles and my other friends would do the same, so I don't know why I even bother thinking about unrealistic scenarios.