048

Elianna

As the first rays of morning light streamed through the windows, my eyes slowly blinked awake. Last night I didn't fall asleep till late hours, but to my surprise, I felt well rested.

Gentle breeze of fresh morning air coming through the open window made me snuggle the blanket I laid under closer to my face. I was getting warm again, however I realised that the feeling of warmth wasn't just because of the gentle embrace of the sheets.

Turning slightly, I found myself face to face with Lando. He was still profound in sleep, his chest softly rising and falling as he took deep breaths, light and peaceful snores the only sounds he made.

The barricade of pillows between us that we made last night was gone, only one of the pillows remaining. I remember falling asleep while holding his hand but I don't remember being that close to him.

Like this, I could see every detail, from the faint freckles across Lando's nose, his moles on cheeks, curls loosely falling on his forehead, to the rhythmic cadence of his breathing,. Without his usual smirk, he looked so peaceful. It felt comforting, in some strange way.

I found myself looking at him for longer than needed. I blinked a couple of times before sitting up and carefully getting out of the bed, trying not to wake him. I grabbed my change of clothes, light denim shorts with white shirt that had a lace neckline, and went to the bathroom to dress up.

As I walked down the stairs, I was welcomed by Genevieve already being awake and making herself coffee that she packed from home. "Good morning," I made my way to her and leaned with my back against the kitchen counter.

"Bonjour, chérie," she gave me a smile, while taking a sip of her coffee. She was already dressed in a cute and elegant baby blue dress with silver jewellery, her blond hair slightly wavy. "Want a coffee?"

"Yes, please," I answered and she started making me one, "Charles is still not awake I suppose."

"No, he's sleeping like a baby," she chuckled and poured milk into the cup, mixing it with the coffee and adding cinnamon sugar. A thing about travelling with Genevieve was that she always packed the little things like these, just so she could maintain her routine.

As she handed me my coffee, we went outside to sit on the rattan sofa in the villa's veranda. The scenery was beautiful just as the previous day, nature starting to wake up to a new day as birds chirped and the sun was still rising.

We sat next to each other, under the made ceiling from vines, that was shielding us a little from the already warm rays of sun. Even when it was about eight in the morning, the temperature was already very warm.

"So how was the night?" her eyes glistened with curiosity as she rested her elbow against the sofa. I knew this question would come up at some point, because she was very aware of my thought process, even when I didn't admit anything.

I shrugged, taking a sip of the delicious coffee, "Not bad, we had a barricade between us."

Genevieve widened her eyes before bursting out with laughter, "Are you like...ten? Did you seriously have a barricade between the two of you?"

"Yeah..." I replied with a sheepish smile, realising how dumb that actually sounded. "But to be fair, it was only for a good reason, otherwise I'd wake up with his face in my neck."

"Hold on, what?" she pointed her finger at me, physically indicating me to stop, "How—his face in your neck? Didn't that happen already?"

"Okay, I don't like where's this conversation leading," I pursed my lips and looked away from the blonde, who's eyes have been analysing my reactions.