007

Elianna

Charles thankfully left the whole situation without any comment. We then finally found ourselves in the Ferrari garage together where the team gave me a pair of headphones so I could hear their radio - which I thought was super cool - and as the time of the practice session approached, both of the Ferrari drivers put their helmets on and sat in their cars.

The inside of the garage was different than I expected. Definitely a lot cooler and exciting to me that I got an opportunity like this, because no one really gets to experience this on a daily basis. Before I vlogged some shots on my camera, I asked for permission that I got from Charles's PR manager Renée. She is a tall brunette originally from France and works for Ferrari since 2019. From what I know from Charles and from my brief conversation with her, she is kind and apparently very good in media wise things.

As the first practice session started alongside the livestreaming of it, the cars of individual teams on the grid began to drive on the track, trying out the race cars and figuring out their strategies for the upcoming qualifying and the Grand Prix itself.

To be able to watch Formula 1 in live timing, standing just a few steps away from the actual race track the cars are driving on is a completely different experience than watching it from your home on the TV. As mentioned before, I haven't really watched it but from time to time I could catch some of it.

The whole hour of the practice I watched the screen in the garage with anticipation, also hearing whatever they said on the radio. The cars of both Ferrari drivers seemed to perform well, both of them achieving to hold in the top five fastest laps of the session.

As the session came towards its end, all of the drivers parked their cars in their teams garages. I put the headphones around my neck and patiently waited for Charles. He stepped out, his hair messy from the helmet and balaclava he just took off and gave me a huge grin, "So...opinions?"

"I'm starting to really understand your love for this thing," I leaned my head to the side with a smile and patted his shoulder, "You were doing good, how do you feel?"

"As you said, it was quite good. Let's just wait for the second and third practice and hopefully tomorrow I get a pole," he said enthusiastically and ruffled his hair, "Let's get some snacks, I'm craving one. Carlos! Do you want to come get some snacks with us?" he called out.

The Spanish driver peaked from the other side of the garage, tying his race suit around his waist, "Yeah, I'll join you."

The three of us headed out of the garages to grab some snacks, in which I got myself water and an apple, whilst both Charles and Carlos got chocolate bonbons. I mean, I can't blame them, they definitely need sugar in their system to have energy for the next practice.

"I don't know why, but I think that American apples are a lot worse than English ones," I made a comment before taking another bite. We were on our way to the hospitality, where the boys would talk things through with their engineers.

"Then you should try the Spanish ones, these are the best in my opinion," Carlos said whilst chewing on his chocolate, before he added, "If you'd come to the Spanish Grand Prix, then you'd have your chance."

I hummed in response and took another bite. Maybe I could attend it, because why not? So far it has been fun, mostly because of the company around me and also because this was just exciting in general.

Whilst we were on our way, a lot of people approached Charles and Carlos, asking for photos and autographs. It made me smile when I saw that both of the drivers genuinely enjoyed interacting with their fans. Some of them even flashed a small smile towards me, even though I was sure they actually didn't know who I am just yet.