018

Elianna

After the flight to Nice - that was too long for me to be okay with - I was supposed to meet up with my mother at the airport, since she lived in Nice already, and go to Leclerc's house together.

I was yet again dressed like I just got out of bed. I didn't care about it at all, I was glad I actually made it to the airport...and that I survived the flight.

Getting a text from my mum saying she's waiting outside of the airport, I took my suitcase and headed outside. As I stepped out of the building, I spotted her car and there she was. Aimee Davidson, glowing with happiness as never before. Big smile made its way to my face when I ran toward her like a little child and threw my arms around her and she wrapped her arms around me.

"My sweetheart, I missed you so much," my mum cooed, stroking my hair and rocking from side to side in our hug.

"I missed you too, mum," I replied, squishing my eyes together to force the tears away. We don't get to see each other that often because of many factors. The two of them being that we live in separate countries and the second is that we both have to work. That's why moments like these are always so emotional for me.

And I have a feeling that this is just the beginning of an emotional day.

Putting the suitcase and backpack with all my essentials to the back of the car, we climbed inside and fastened our seatbelts before my mum started the car and drove away from the airport.

As the drive went on, the more my smile grew on my lips. We were playing our favourite music on the aux of the car, singing the lyrics or just enjoying the general vibes. This was actually one of the 'rituals' - if I can call it that - that we always did whenever we were about to go to Monaco.

Monaco was like a second home to me at some point, mostly because we were spending most of our summer or special year celebrations there. Ever since we started talking with the Leclerc family it was always that we enjoyed most of our free time together. That's why I'm so close with Charles - and with the two other brothers too.

My mother parked the car in front of the house and I immediately ran out of the car to ring the doorbell - another habit of mine. I didn't particularly mind that I'm acting like a seven year old again when I'm actually twenty two.

"Mes filles!" [My girls!] a voice I recognised called from the door. Huge grin made its way to my face as I saw Pascale coming down the stairs to unlock the entrance gate. Right as she opened the gate, I wrapped my arms around her. "Je ne t'ai pas vu depuis si longtemps, Eli." [I haven't seen you for so long, Eli.]

"Ça fait tellement longtemps. Je suis si heureuse de te revoir," [It's been so long. I'm so happy to see you again] I pulled away and looked at her with tears in my eyes. The last time I've seen her was almost a year ago when we visited for only two days that we spent on Charles's yacht.

She cupped my cheek in her hand, "Et pourtant tu deviens encore plus belle à chaque fois que je te vois." [Yet you become even more beautiful each time I see you.]

"Tu me donnes trop de crédit," [You're giving me too much credit] I chuckled and she smirked with a roll of her eyes.

"Je complimente juste ma fille préférée, Elili." [Just complimenting my favourite girl, Elili.] That nickname brought me back to the early times, when she always said that everyone either calls me by my full name or Eli and that she wants to call me something more unique. So she calls me Elili.

Whilst Pascale and my mum greeted each other, I got our suitcases out and took them inside the house. Right as I stepped in, the typical smell of freshly baked pastry hit me which brought many heartwarming memories.