047

Elianna

The room we entered was styled into white, a queen size bed in the middle, little couch on side with a dresser and a mirror on the opposite side, the light of the evening sun getting through big windows and a door that reached from top to the floor, leading to the room's balcony. The best thing about it was the view, vibrant colours of valleys of sunflowers and hills in the background and a swimming pool of the property with a beautiful garden.

I pushed my suitcase to the side, went to the balcony and stared at the scenery. I was completely captivated by its beauty and forgot I had company, until I heard a click of a camera, making me quickly snap my head to the side.

Lando was holding his camera - I noticed he sometimes carried it with him - a smirk on his lips as I turned to him with narrowed eyes, "I thought we had no paparazzi around."

"Can't imagine life without it," he shrugged and turned back to the room, hanging his camera around his neck. I followed him close behind and put my hands on my hips as I stood in the middle of the room.

"So what do we do?" We agreed on sharing the room back downstairs, only because I didn't want to bother Genevieve with it, but I wasn't completely sure yet. And the fact there was a little couch available, I was more than happy about it, "I can take this and you will take the bed, you need to sleep more than I do."

Lando gave me a judgemental look as he sat down on the edge of the bed, "There's no way you'd get a good night sleep on that, come on now," he pointed to the light coloured flower-patterned couch.

I scrunched my nose and sat on my suitcase, moving with it from side to side, slight unease forming in the pit of my stomach. "So what? There's also a sofa downstairs."

"Stop thinking about couches, please. We're sharing a bed, I promise not to do anything if that's what you're worried about," he said with a serious tone, making me stop moving with the suitcase and look up at him.

"We'll have pillows in the middle though."

"As you wish," he let out an amused laugh and shook his head in a mocking way, standing up and going to his suitcase, "Which side do you want?"

"Both sides are next to doors," I frowned, my childishness making an appearance in my apprehensions. Lando doesn't need to know about my sleeping habits, he would make fun of me still being afraid of monsters near doors at night. I wouldn't blame him though.

He looked at me with raised brows, "Where's the problem with that? You're scared or what?"

Embarrassment switched my previous nervousness, as I chuckled with a comical raise of brows, "Don't bother, I'll take this one," I pointed to the side with the balcony door next to it, as I rolled the suitcase to it.

I pushed the suitcase under the bed, deciding I'll take care of the clothes after. I checked the time, in which it was six in the evening, and headed out downstairs, already being welcomed by sounds of dishes and kitchen supplies rustling.

Genevieve was going around the small cottage-core-like kitchen, opening the shelves and finding out whatever it was hiding, "I'm checking this place out, I was thinking that we could make food ourselves as well, so we don't waste unnecessary money on restaurants."

"Yeah, that'd be nice," I smiled and inspected the place. It was an open room, having a kitchen, dining and living room all in one, something similar to my apartment except this was a lot more spacious and much lighter due to the large windows.

Variety of black and white pictures of nature with light blue wooden frames decorated the white walls, white wooden table was placed in the middle of the room with flowers in a vase on top and chairs around with a hanging golden bulb lamp above it. There was a big opening to the outside veranda, in front of it was a large white sofa with a TV, another golden lamp standing next to it.