059

Elianna

Once Pepperony was all readied up, I stood in front of Lando, who was still sitting on the ground too occupied with our dogs. He gave me a look through his lashes, the gesture so simple yet so affecting that it made me weak in my knees. "Ready?"

"Don't you want to show me first?" he suggested with a small grin, trying to find his way out of it, "I just need to see the pro in action first," standing up, he motioned his hand to the paddock, where my sister stood next to Pepperony that was patiently waiting for us.

"Alright then, but you're not wiggling out of this," I shook my head, the corners of my lips turning up as I walked toward the paddock fence. Therese led Pepperony toward the fence which I stood up on and mounted into the saddle.

Feeling of being back in the saddle was the best thing in the world at that moment. Sitting up straight, I patted Pepperony on her neck as she flicked her ears, and took the reins into both of my hands. Once I was in the right position, I gently squeezed my legs against the trakehner's sides to cue her to walk.

Applying pressure to the rein, Pepperony obediently turned to the side and walked the way I led her. We made a whole round cantering around the paddock, both of my siblings and Lando being our viewers.

I remembered the first time I ever sat on a horse's back. It was such an exciting feeling, especially when I became capable of riding on my own and being able to go on rides alone. Rides through the local woods with Pepperony were my favourites.

And the feeling never faded, quite the opposite, I doubted it was actually possible to get bothered of being an equestrian. Not that I was a full one, but horse riding was certainly something special to me.

Rounding up the corner, I grinned and said, "Your turn now."

Lando sighed loudly as he went inside the paddock, accompanied by both of my siblings, biting his lip. I don't think I've actually seen him nervous to do something before. Well, maybe a few times whenever we were about to–god, no, I won't think about that right now.

I dismounted without any problem and ran my hand on Pepperony's black coat, whispering small praises and leading her toward Lando.

"Don't be tense, she'll sense it," I chuckled and stood right by his side. I took his hand and gently guided it to Pepperony's forehead, placing it there so they'd both get used to each other's presence.

"Hey there," Lando's apprehensive face faded away once he made contact with her soft coat, as she gazed at him with a content blow, "Why do I get the feeling she's analysing me?"

"That's because she is," my sister told nonchalantly, sitting up on the fence, "She's attentive."

"And very calm as well," I added, giving Lando a look, "Ready?"

He nodded, climbing up on the fence and put his hands on the saddle. From what he knew from his sister, he - pretty skillfully - placed his one foot in the stirrup and swung the other over the trakehner's back, getting into the saddle.

"Nice," I praised as I held the reins, "I'll walk with you, you don't have to do anything other than focus on not falling and get comfortable."

His hum was an indication for me to move forward. I clicked my tongue as I started walking and Pepperony promptly followed my steps. As I walked, I made sure to check up on Lando from time to time to make sure he's okay.

"You know, the first time I had to do this all on my own. My sister was only guiding me with words," he chuckled at the memory, "I made the horse walk into a barrier or something."