Chapter 4

Forgotten Juliet .
Chapter 4

The onlookers who had just been eagerly anticipating Juliet’s humiliation were frozen in unison.

What broke the silence was Princess Priscilla’s scream.

“…Juliet Monad!”

Princess Priscilla  shouted sharply, her face flushed red.

“A-Are you now so arrogant and reckless, relying on Duke Carlyle’s favor?”

“Yes.”

“W-What… What did you say?”

“Yes, absolutely right. I’m behaving recklessly, trusting the Duke,” Juliet smiled beautifully.

Princess Priscilla turned pale.

This was the first time she had experienced such humiliation, living her life like a princess.

“Juliet Monad! How dare you disregard people’s kindness and be so presumptuous!”

Priscilla was in tears, completely forgetting what she had just done.

Priscilla’s response wasn’t typical of her, who enjoyed embarrassing Duke Carlyle’s lovers in various ways.

However, Juliet’s expression remained unchanged, and she casually retorted.

“I don’t understand what you’re talking about. I only returned the favor to Princess Priscilla.”

“That…!”

A speechless Priscilla glared at Juliet.

Although Juliet merely returned the rudeness Priscilla had caused, it seemed that Priscilla lacked immunity when it came to facing the same treatment.

“…I’m speechless!”

APriscilla grumbled for a while, but she had no choice, so all that was left for her in this situation was to retreat.

“P-princess!”

Some ladies, not knowing what to do, rushed after Priscilla. Juliet calmly watched their retreating figures.

The reason why Priscilla’s forced malice had been tolerated so far was simple.

In the past, Lennox Carlyle’s lovers had low status and were shrouded in the dark side of high society. Those who were intimidated by Priscilla’s status had no choice but to run to the Duke and cry, offering their apologies. Or they would be too afraid to say anything and simply let themselves be mistreated, fearing that they would lose his attention.

But both scenarios were irrelevant to Juliet.

‘I thought she would grab me by the hair…’

She had intended to respond in the same way, but surprisingly, it ended rather flatly.

Juliet glanced around her. The onlookers surrounding her avoided eye contact and flinched in surprise.

“Ahem!”

They had made a fuss for no reason and soon dispersed.

Juliet smiled widely at those people, as if taunting them.

In fact, people were able to mock and ridicule the Duke’s lovers because Lennox Carlyle was completely indifferent.

But on the other hand, it also meant that even if Juliet Monad behaved recklessly in high society, he wouldn’t bat an eye.

Unless one was extremely foolish, they wouldn’t want to turn the Duke into an enemy.

However, there was someone like that. Someone who lacked common sense.