Chapter 86

Forgotten Juliete Chapter 86

“Dahlia….”

Lennox Carlyle quietly repeated that name.

‘How does Juliet know Dahlia?’

“Your Highness, I don’t want to die.”

The image of Juliet clinging desperately to him, coughing up blood, flashed through his mind.

It was hard to dismiss it as just something said in panic, as there were many points that weighed on his mind.

“Lennox, I’m sorry.”

Watching her die in front of him was a nightmarish scene he never wanted to witness again.

With eyes that briefly closed and then opened sharply, Lennox looked fierce.

“Hadin.”

“Yes.”

“Send someone to Lucerne. There’s something to look into.”

* * *

Juliet hurriedly left Carlyle’s mansion on a carriage.

In fact, she was a bit upset.

‘After all the trouble of being worried and visiting, what the…’

Moreover, she had quite a bit to tell, including what she did in Lucerne and the disappearance of the butterflies.

Very upset, Juliet realized only upon reaching the reception room of the Count’s mansion that she had left something at the Carlyle mansion.

“…My hairpin.”

She remembered carefully tying up her hair before leaving, but now her hairpin was nowhere to be found and her long hair trailed down her back.

‘It was my favorite.’

She must’ve dropped it somewhere in the bedroom when she fell onto the bed.

The leaf-shaped hairpin adorned with pearls was one of Juliet’s treasured items. But she didn’t want to go back for it.

Sighing lightly, Juliet sat at a desk in front of a large window. Gazing out at the garden, she noticed something odd.

The garden looked professionally maintained. The once neglected circular fountain was now clean, and new rose vines were in the maze garden.

‘Did grandfather take care of it?’

But then Juliet remembered she had only been back to the County for about a week.

‘It would’ve been difficult to complete the repairs in just a week…’

Furthermore, Lionel had left abruptly just yesterday.

“Miss.”

Hearing a voice from behind, Juliet looked up to see her nursemaid, Yvette, standing at the entrance of the reception room with a tea set.

“Why are you carrying that alone? It’s dangerous.”

Juliet rose from her seat to take the teacup from Yvette.

“Miss, I know this mansion’s layout by heart.”

Yvette said with a gentle smile.

“Even if I can’t see, this much isn’t a problem.”

Juliet nodded, looking into Yvette’s silvery-grey eyes.

But as she sipped her tea and looked around the house, she noticed not only the garden but various parts of the mansion had been repaired.