Chapter 30

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 30

Juliet blinked her eyes as she faced the sight of a gigantic wolf she had never seen before.

Grrrrr.

Fortunately, the massive wolf inside the iron bars was securely bound by chains.

It was the first time she had seen a silver-gray wolf.

No, it was the first time she had even known such a gigantic wolf existed.

‘They say there are demons lurking in the East. Is this also one of them?’

If that were the case, it was undoubtedly an incredibly rare creature.

The beautiful silver-gray fur was so enticing that Juliet felt an urge to come closer and stroke it, if not for the current situation.

“Spread out and find it!”

“!”

“Where is Lord Roy?!”

…It seemed that the men outside were searching for this wolf.

Juliet couldn’t have imagined that ‘Lord Roy’ might be a wolf rather than a person, so she was a bit confused.

“How did you end up getting kidnapped, doggie?”

Grrrrrrr.

A threatening growl emanated from the wolf’s throat.

Apparently, the nickname didn’t sit well with it.

‘Well…’

Even if it was a supernatural being, it wouldn’t understand human language.

After a brief moment of contemplation, Juliet decided to stick to her original plan.

“You’re a good boy, aren’t you?”

After carefully observing the wolf’s restrained state, Juliet cautiously reached her hand toward the dark iron bars.

“I’m going to release you now… Anyway, don’t eat me. Got it?”

While making this promise, Juliet didn’t forget to secure an escape route in case things went awry.

Approaching with caution, Juliet examined the structure that bound the wolf and how it was attached.

In addition to the iron grating, there were layers of sturdy chains tightly wrapped around the wolf’s entire body, secured by a large padlock.

“…?”

And the most noticeable thing was an unidentified cylinder embedded in the back of the wolf’s neck.

Inside the glass tube, there was a crimson liquid that appeared suspicious at first glance.

What is this?

Is it some kind of sedative for wolves?

The cylinder, resembling a large syringe, was firmly embedded near the back of the wolf’s neck, and the appearance seemed quite painful, causing Juliet to unconsciously furrow her brow.

‘While other things may be fine, that one seems like it needs to be pulled out by hand.’

Juliet hesitated but slowly approached.

Creak.

Feeling something unsettling, the wolf writhed threateningly.

Ironically, being securely bound by chains prevented the wolf from making any movements.