Chapter 46

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 46

“Ah… yes. She was fine. She didn’t receive any treatment, so she must not have been injured.”

“Okay. That’s enough.”

The man nodded lightly, turned around with a straightforward attitude.

Angie watched his back for a moment before calling out without realizing it.

“Excuse me, sir!”

Will it be okay?

Angie, who quickly followed the man, ended up telling him all the information she knew.

“She had a ring, so when I asked, she said her husband was working at the east gate. She got off at Roadel, so she probably went to Carcassonne or somewhere around there.”

It wasn’t much information.

“This, this is all I know…”

“Thank you for your cooperation.”

The man who had been quietly listening thanked her politely, nodded his head and left.

“Then.”

Hadin, too, politely bowed and followed the other man out of the station.

Even after they left, Angie couldn’t leave her place for a long time. Holding a box in a daze, Angie recalled a critical fact.

‘I remembered.’

Why the sandalwood scent was familiar.

Sandalwood belonged to a rather expensive scent.

It was impossible for Angie, who had no interest in luxury items like fragrances, to know what sandalwood was.

Nevertheless, the reason Angie asked her colleague what the scent was because of a passenger a few days ago.

A woman who didn’t talk much and had a shadowy atmosphere.

The faint sandalwood scent wafted from her wrist and the hem of her clothes, just like the man just now.

Angie hoped that she hadn’t done the worst thing to that nameless passenger.

* * *

‘Carcassonne.’

The thought that it was likely Juliet came first.

“My lord.”

Hadin followed quickly with an umbrella. Lennox was still lost in thought until they climbed into the carriage parked on the quiet roadside in the rain.

Hadin, who had folded the umbrella, followed him into the carriage.

“A festival of the dead.”

Lennox easily recalled the reason Juliet would have gone to Carcassonne.

Several times, Juliet habitually talked about the festival held in Carcassonne.

“People wear bright masks and parade to prevent death from finding them.”

She hated noisy places, but she liked those festivals. But he never thought about it deeply. Even though she said she wanted to visit it someday, she never asked him to take her or if she could go with him.

That was always the way with Juliet Monad.

It was strange that he didn’t notice it sooner.

In retrospect, it was a boundary-setting behavior. Instead of sending a hopeful look, expecting something, Juliet talked about what she wanted to do after leaving his side.