Chapter 11

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 11

It happened last summer when he took a few days off and they went on vacation to his summer residence in the northern territory.

A strange woman came to find him, accompanied by a boy who she claimed was his child.

“My child?”

The unfamiliar woman insisted.

“Yes!”

Under normal circumstances, she would have been stopped by the guards before reaching him.

However, the atmosphere at the palace was somewhat relaxed as they were there for their vacation.

When he asked Juliet what she wanted to do during the vacation, she expressed her desire to take a boat ride on the lake.

Having spent all three days in the bedroom, he nonchalantly agreed without much thought.

While Juliet, who rarely smiled brightly, was excitedly preparing for the outing, he momentarily left his seat unattended.

Coincidentally, an inexperienced rookie guard mistook the unfamiliar woman for Juliet and let her in.

He lay on the bed like a lazy black panther, encountering an uninvited guest.

“It’s the Duke’s son. Look.”

The woman, whose name and face he couldn’t remember, claimed to be a maid of some actress or another.

Confidently, she presented the heavily adorned boy to him as if he were a decoration.

The boy, around ten years old, wore a blouse with a flashy brooch, shorts, and a hat.

For some reason, the boy trembled and couldn’t even meet his gaze.

Lennox expressed his deep contemplation.

“He’s quite big for a seven-year-old child.”

“W-Well, that’s because… he’s the Duke’s son! Eric will become an excellent knight, just like the Duke!”

The momentarily bewildered woman pushed the boy forward again, her demeanor becoming more optimistic.

Then, she proudly removed the boy’s hat.

“If you look at his hair and red eyes, you’ll understand, right? Eric is the Duke’s son.”

Lennox silently gazed at the visibly frightened boy.

It was a well-known fact among the people of the Empire.

The children of the Carlyle duchy all have black hair and ruby-red eyes, eerie like droplets of blood from a white dove.

That was also the reason why the legitimacy of their lineage remained intact, despite the long and bloody struggle for the northern region.

And the boy brought by the faint-faced woman indeed had red eyes and black hair.

“My son.”

Lennox muttered, at the same time rising from his seat.

At this time, his secretary Elliot, who had been absent for some time on another assignment, heard about this episode and hurried to him.

“Your Highness!”

Elliot turned pale at the sight of the woman and the boy.

“I’m sorry. It happened because I was away for a while…”

“Don’t worry about it.”

“Excuse me?”

Lennox lightly touched the boy’s shoulder and grinned, speaking towards Elliot.