Chapter 21

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 21

Several hours later, Juliet woke up on a soft bed.

Her fever had subsided completely. As her body felt better than expected, she hoped that maybe all of it had just been a dream.

(You’re awake. Look here.)

(Contractor.)

Of course, it was just her imagination.

(Human. Man. Not here.)

(I don’t like it.)

(Leave. Quickly.)

But the butterflies approaching Juliet were much quieter and more muffled than yesterday.

And it was as if they were simply listing words, like a creature that had just learned to speak.

‘That’s strange. They were talking so fluently, almost to the point of confusion.’

When Juliet tried to stand up, her body was pierced by such intense pain that for a second she even closed her eyes.

‘It hurts…’

Nevertheless, she was in a better condition than she thought.

Apart from her lips that she had bitten and torn in pain, swollen eyes, and injured hands, she was surprisingly fine.

Considering how her body was aching, it meant that she was doing relatively well. Her ankle was sore from the injury yesterday, but she could still walk, albeit with a slight limp.

Ignoring the pain, Juliet made her way out of the bedroom.

“Oh!”

Creak.

Startled by the sudden opening of the bedroom door, the young man who had been sitting leaning against a chair in front of the door hurriedly stood up.

“You’re awake?”

He was a handsome young man with curly red hair.

Jude Hayon.

Juliet knew this person’s name.

Jude, who was the youngest son of the Hayon family and loyal to the northern duchy despite being a member of the royal family, was quite well-known in the capital.

It seemed that Jude also knew Juliet.

“Well, Miss Monad. I was going to offer you food first, or perhaps a doctor…”

“No.”

“Oh, you can speak?”

Jude chuckled. But Juliet didn’t smile and asked directly.

“Where?”

“Oh, the Duke is currently away.”

“Not him.”

Not him?

Jude stopped laughing for a moment, trying to figure out what she was asking him.

And in the next moment, he regretted a hundred times that he laughed.

“My parents.”

The smile disappeared from Jude’s face.

“Show me.”

“Miss, it’s better if you don’t see.”

“Please. I want to see with my own eyes.”

No one could break Juliet’s persistence as she repeated the same words with a pale face like a doll.