Chapter 16

Forgotten Juliet  Chapter 16

Seven years ago, summer.

“I am Duke Carlyle.”

Juliet’s world was turned upside down. And she could never forget the summer of that year.

* * *

“Juliet! Are you listening?”

At the sharp voice, Juliet stopped writing diligently and raised her head.

A girl in an unfinished dress stood with her hands on her waist, glaring at Juliet. Her hairpins were still full of flowers.

“Oh, I’m sorry. What did you say? Something about a party?

Fatima frowned slightly.

“I asked you what looks the prettiest!”

“Oh, I see.”

While hastily organizing the letters with her hands, Juliet glanced past Fatima’s shoulder.

“Well, in my opinion…”

Behind Fatima, the exhausted wardrobe staff quickly signaled with a silent gesture, shaking a dress.

Rustle, rustle.

“…Pink?”

“Really?”

It seemed to be the correct answer.

Fatima enthusiastically instructed the staff member who came out of the dressing room.

“I’ll go with pink. Can you get it ready by tomorrow morning?”

“Of course, Lady Glenfield.”

“The ball starts at seven, so you must arrive by noon!”

The wardrobe staff, who had been stuck in Glenfield’s living room for three hours, looked ecstatic.

They were employees of the famous ‘Camille’ Dressing Room, recently invited to Glenfield upon Fatima’s request. The eighteen-year-old Fatima Glenfield, Countess, was Juliet’s friend of her age.

With the dress finally decided and her mood lifted, Fatima ordered a maid to bring tea into the living room.

When the maid brought the tray, Juliet had finished all her tasks and was sitting quietly in the living room.

“What about you? Aren’t you going to choose a dress?”

With a cookie in hand, Fatima asked casually, as if testing the waters.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“So, what are you wearing tomorrow?”

“I decided to fix my mother’s dress and wear it.”

“Fix… and wear it?” Fatima asked with surprise.

The idea of fixing and wearing a dress had never crossed her mind. It was simply unthinkable for her to alter the dress, and even the fact that someone had already worn it.

“Yes. That’s exactly what I’m going to do,” Juliet replied nonchalantly.

It was the late summer social season.

Any young lady who had just turned eighteen and received her first summer ball invitation would want to look her most beautiful in the first ball Bluebell.

When Fatima spoke again, sympathy was clearly heard in her voice.

“If you want, you also can choose a dress. If I tell our father, he’ll buy you one too.”