Chapter 64

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 64

It was several hours later that the carriage arrived at its destination.

Juliet decided to walk to the address written on the envelope after getting off the carriage.

A picturesque landscape unfolded before her eyes.

Following a white sandy beach where waves crashed, houses were neatly built with only a fence in between. Among them, a petite house with a blue roof, built on the edge of a steep cliff by the coast, was particularly noticeable.

“That’s the house!”

Juliet, full of excitement, pointed towards the house. Roy, upon seeing the house she pointed to, tilted his head slightly.

‘The person Juliet likes?’

While Roy was trailing a few steps behind, Juliet had already arrived at the front door and knocked.

The door opened to reveal a young woman holding a newborn baby.

“Oh my, Miss!”

“Hello, Agnes!”

Juliet greeted her with a broad smile.

* * *

“I didn’t expect you so soon!”

Agnes warmly welcomed them into her quaint mansion.

At the entrance, Roy whispered softly to Juliet,

“So, Agnes was the one Juliet likes.”

“Agnes is my dearest friend.”

When Juliet left for the north with the Duke of Carlyle, Agnes had gone with her. Until Agnes got married and left, she had been a significant source of support for Juliet, who knew no one in the north. She was especially like a sister to the introverted Juliet.

“Why do you ask?”

“I wondered if I was just another friend you liked to Juliet.”

Before Juliet could ask what he meant, Roy smiled mischievously and moved ahead.

Meanwhile, Agnes introduced Juliet to her month-old baby.

“Would you like to hold him?”

“…Can I?”

Juliet, somewhat nervous, awkwardly held the swaddled baby.

Agnes’s baby, said to be a month old, was smaller than expected but quite hefty.

“He’s so warm.”

Juliet, feeling the warmth of a baby for the first time, whispered in awe. Agnes chuckled,

“Babies are usually like that. They have a high body temperature.”

Juliet found the baby fascinating and cute, as he didn’t cry even when held by a stranger. However, she was also afraid of dropping him, so she quickly handed him back to Agnes.

Juliet watched in amazement as Agnes cared for the baby.

Suddenly, a recent memory made Juliet smile.

Would Lennox Carlyle even guess about the things done to help her?

After a moment, she asked:

“Where is Mr. Maurice?”

“Ah, he’s so busy these days. But he’ll be back late tonight!”

Agnes’s husband was a merchant traveling by boat to various continents. This time, however, he wasn’t traveling far and was expected to return soon.