Chapter 118

“You, you… how…?”

Solon, at a loss for words, stammered. The chains that were tied around her ankles had somehow come undone.

“I thought it was strange. I didn’t think you would have developed a magic stone mine in such a short time.”

Juliet calmly examined the fake magic stone in her hand.

“Eshel told me about the dark magic used to make these fake magic stones.”

Juliet said nonchalantly.

From her tone, it seemed as though she wasn’t in an underground prison but rather in a parlor of her own home.

“It was artificially made, wasn’t it?”

Flutter. A butterfly quietly flew in behind her.

“You, you… how did you, hypnotized…?”

Hypnosis.

Juliet smirked, recalling memories from a few days ago.

A few days ago.

“Peep!”

Surrounded by unfamiliar magicians, Onyx let out a sharp cry as if annoyed.

However, he could only  toss and turn because he was being held by Juliet.

Eventually, Juliet met the suspicious magicians who came with Eshelrid.

Having seen Onyx consume something suspicious multiple times, she couldn’t simply ignore it.

“Oh, this is the one I’ve only heard of…!”

“These wings! Perfect balance!”

“Quick, sketch it! Sketch!”

While Juliet held Onyx, the magicians bustled about, closely observing Onyx.

“Onyx ate something strange.”

“Strange, you say?”

Eshel, who had been disdainfully watching his colleagues, asked with a puzzled expression.

“He seems to hunt something every night, but I don’t know what he’s eating.”

Juliet listed her concerns.

“I’ve closed all the windows, but every morning, he seems to have developed a new taste… Is it okay?”

“Miss Juliet, I’m not a vet.”

Juliet chuckled.

“If magicians don’t know about dragons, then who does?”

“You’re right!”

“Thank you.”

Eshelrid, who had been looking disdainfully at the chattering magician colleague, said with a resigned tone.

“But rest assured, there’s no poison or curse that can kill a dragon.”

However, Juliet looked down at Onyx with concern.

“But it’s worrying. It’d be fine if he was just catching mice or rabbits. But every morning he’s consuming something black and transparent.”

“Black and transparent…?”

“Yes, it looks like a shadow.”

Eshel and the other magicians, who had been in a fuss, suddenly froze.

“Why? What is it?”

Juliet, sensing the gravity, grew serious.

“Well, it seems like… a manifestation of a spiritual entity.”