Chapter 95

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 95

“Not allowed.”

“Huh!”

The steward of the Empress’s Palace flatly refused with a stern face. Elsa showed a displeased expression.

“But I came to protect Juliet?”

“We cannot allow someone of unclear status into the banquet hall.”

The steward blatantly looked Elsa up and down as he spoke.

“The banquet is specifically for the imperial family.”

Clearly, from Elsa’s manner of speaking, he assumed she wasn’t nobility.

‘If he knew Elsa’s identity, he’d be shocked.’

The steward gave them a guest room in the Empress’s Palace.

“Then, I’ll stay here?”

Elsa, who looked downtrodden, brightened up seeing the abundance of food in the guest room.

“Be careful, Juliet!”

“Okay.”

With Elsa behind, Juliet headed to the banquet hall. As the door opened, she realized that the steward’s talk about it being exclusively for family was false.

The banquet hall was filled not just with the imperial family, but also with other nobles.

“Why, what’s Lady Monad doing here?”

“My goodness. Lady Monad!”

People who spotted Juliet flocked to her with excitement. Their greeting, however, wasn’t friendly.

There wouldn’t be any noblewomen here to hear Juliet out, as they had last time; they seemed rather pleased to have run into her.

“Did the Duke of Carlyle not come with you?”

“No! Haven’t you heard? The Duke is….”

“Countess Monad.”

But just as Juliet was about to get entangled in petty quarrels, someone saved her.

It was the gentle-faced Empress.

“Come here, I’ve been waiting for you.”

“…I’m honored to see you, Your Majesty.”

“Well, shall we chat over there?”

As Juliet bowed in greeting, the Empress led Juliet to a table where they could talk privately.

“I sent an invitation to the Duke of Carlyle, but he didn’t respond.”

Ah, as expected.

Externally, Juliet smiled brightly, but internally, she sneered. The Empress saving her seemed to have an ulterior motive.

Every year, the imperial family tirelessly invited Lennox to a fox hunt.

It seemed they didn’t get a response this year either.

‘As if Lennox would accept such an annoying invitation.’

“Is the Duke not feeling well?”

“Thanks to your concern, he’s in good health.”

Juliet dodged the question.

The Empress surely knew about the rumors of the Duke’s breakup.

Still pretending not to know and inviting Juliet here seemed like a way to show off. Of course, Juliet didn’t care about the Empress’s intentions. She promptly presented a box.