Chapter 26

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 26

Flash.

Lightning struck. In an instant, a dazzling flash of light pierced through the forest, where even moonlight couldn’t reach.

In that gust of wind, a man’s straight forehead, stubborn eyebrows, and cold red eyes were revealed.

In front of him, a gigantic centipede-like monster writhed with its head severed.

Kurung.

Lennox raised his head, like a man who had suddenly come to his senses.

However, he wasn’t surprised to find himself standing in the middle of the dark monster-infested forest.

Lennox thought of a certain woman who disliked thunderstorms.

“When will you come back?”

It wasn’t easy to notice that Juliet was afraid of thunder and lightning.

First of all, Juliet Monad had a bold and even fearless personality.

And in the North, it was rare for a heavy rain accompanied by thunder and lightning to occur.

The season when large typhoons usually came was in summer, and around that time, they would be staying at the Summer Palace.

But that was only his recollection, so Juliet’s memory might be a little different.

The position of the Duke of the North was not handed over easily, and he often left Juliet alone.

“There’s a typhoon coming soon… So…”

If she had told him not to go or asked to accompany her, or if she had begged him to come back early, maybe he would have realized it sooner.

“Be careful…”

Struggling to open her mouth, that was all she managed to say.

‘How foolish…’

In that aspect, Juliet acted naively to the point of frustration.

When dealing with conservative and scheming noble families in the North, she would overturn everything without changing her expression. So there was no way she would be afraid of something like a ghost.

She probably didn’t want him to know that she didn’t like being alone, like a child, on nights when thunder roared.

Lennox had only recently learned about it.

Flash.

On nights with intense thunder, Juliet would keep a bright fire burning and crouch down in a corner.

“But then it would be hard to fall asleep.”

In response to the casually thrown remark, she flinched and reluctantly extinguished the fire. It was probably closer to trauma than fear.

Finally, he recalled the day when her parents died, a storm of such magnitude that it could be counted as one of the biggest thunderstorms he had ever witnessed.

She had never shown it, but on nights when thunder rumbled, she would pretend to be indifferent and desperately bury herself under the covers, her face pale, which was quite cute.

So he pretended not to notice it either.

There had been times when he wondered what Juliet would do when he wasn’t by her side and she couldn’t fall asleep alone.

But he never asked.

He simply guessed that she would either stay up all night with the lights on, waiting for the storm to pass, or call the maids and spend the night with them.