Chapter 41

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 41

Caiman was quite thrilled by that fact, though he didn’t quite understand it. However, he didn’t show his feelings and spoke in a slightly disdainful tone.

“Yes. They say she’s a spirit mage, according to my subordinate.”

Whether it was the alcohol that made him confident, or whether it was a resolution to teach a lesson to this somewhat naive boy from the North, he doidn’t know.

PlayvolumeAd
But what is certain is that Viscount Caiman committed an act there that he would regret for a long time.

“They say a quite impressive woman summons peculiar butterflies. Anyway, it’s a funny thing. That the summoned beast is a butterfly of all things. Isn’t that right?”

“…Interesting.”

Upon that, for the first time, a cunning smile appeared on the face of Lennox Carlyle, who had been sitting somewhat arrogantly.

“I too am looking for a woman.”

“!”

At that remark, Caiman couldn’t hide his excitement. He hadn’t expected this.

In fact, everyone gathered in the ballroom was lining up for the Duke Aquitas.

In other words, they were all bringing bribes to Robert.

Before gathering them, Robert subtly hinted that Duke Carlyle seemed to be looking for someone here.

He could only guess exactly what the relationship was. Whether he was chasing a runaway slave, or perhaps a member of the Duke’s family.

While his audacious behavior didn’t quite suit his taste, if he could help Duke Carlyle here, the ruler of the North would owe a debt to him.

Moreover, the woman the Duke was looking for, even if there was no reward, it was an interesting story that piqued curiosity.

Trying not to seem too excited, Caiman said.

“Who is the person you are looking for? I think I can help you, though modestly.”

In fact, the faces of the two knights sitting next to Lennox Carlyle had already frozen.

However, Caiman didn’t notice this and asked.

Duke Carlyle only faintly moved his lips and slowly put down the cup he was holding.

The past white wines of Aqutaine were the pride of the East. However, now, whether the land had changed or the reputation had long been tarnished.

The aroma was good, but the overly matured wine didn’t suit his taste.

“Or if you’re not looking for a specific person, I can introduce you. There are many beautiful women in the East.”

Robert Aquitas, who was also gauging the mood, encouraged him.

“Tell us, Duke. This guy is a seasoned guy in finding people.”

“Well then…”

Lennox seemed to leisurely take his time and then asked.

“So let me ask you, how long does it take to find the woman I want?”

“A week would be sufficient!”

“A week, huh? If you can’t find her within that time, are you willing to put your neck on the line?”

“Of course… Yes?”

When Caiman couldn’t determine if it was a joke or a serious statement, Duke Carlyle spoke again.