Chapter 111

“Oh, I didn’t expect to see Duke Carlyle here.”

There was a commotion from the outer seats, and someone approached to offer greetings.

“What brings you to the South?”

It was an old nobleman with a sprinkling of gray hair. Despite his age, his waist was sturdy, and his attire was splendid. However, his eyes were as sharp as a snake’s.

Lennox didn’t even nod at the approaching old nobleman.

“Marquis Guiness.”

“You remember me, what an honor.”

Marquis Guiness smirked.

The southern nobleman came with many attendants, drawing attention from all directions.

Everyone in the racetrack looked their way.

It was well known that Marquis Guiness regarded the northern Dukes as enemies.

“And the lady accompanying you…”

The Marquis’s gaze shifted to Juliet.

“Are you Lady Monad?”

Marquis Guiness feigned surprise.

“Hello, Marquis Guiness.”

It was a piercing stare.

“It seems rumors can’t always be trusted. I heard some disturbing news from the capital.”

The Marquis blatantly looked Juliet up and down and then licked his lips.

“I was saddened to hear that Lady Monad had met an unfortunate fate.”

Upon hearing this, Juliet smiled faintly.

“Is that so? I was distressed to hear that your son was ill.”

There was a pause.

Everyone present heard the old Marquis grinding his teeth.

“How do you know my son, Lady Juliet?”

“Oh, please, call me Countess Monad.”

Juliet responded confidently.

“I met your son a few months ago at the temple. He was touching my wrist in front of his fiance. I advised him not to.”

“…I see.”

Marquis Guiness’s eyes flashed menacingly.

As Lennox looked at Juliet, his eyes also sharpened.

‘Who touched whom?’

Lennox was perplexed.

Now he understood why Juliet had let Viscount Fusilli go a few days ago.

After showing Viscount Fusilli an illusion and sending him away, she anticipated the Marquis’s reaction.

Because a few months earlier, Juliet had done the same thing to his son.

‘Count Casper.’

Childless Marquis Guiness had adopted a distant relative.

And the fool who had made advances on Juliet at the temple, agitating her, was the Marquis’s adopted son.

She had heard rumors that after the temple incident, Count Casper had been trembling and confined to his house.

Lennox guessed that Juliet had intentionally provoked Marquis Guiness.

Marquis Guiness made no attempt to hide his displeasure.