Chapter 23

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 23

Shit.

Things have become complicated.

Baron Gaspar walked quickly towards the cemetery where the funeral was taking place, grumbling to himself.

‘These idiots! They couldn’t even steal a simple key…!’

He shouldn’t have trusted these unreliable bastards.

If those scoundrels had just done their job properly, by now he would have sold the key and been enjoying a luxurious life at his villa in the southern sea.

But at the moment, he was being chased by debt collectors and even under investigation by the capital guards.

Immediately after leaving the scene, Gaspar hurriedly returned there, thinking that he couldn’t let Juliet, who had witnessed everything, live.

However, to his surprise, there was nothing left there.

Only dried blood stains were scattered around.

The group of scoundrels Gaspar had hired for money had disappeared without a trace, and the bodies of the Count and Countess Monad and Juliet had vanished just as swiftly.

It was only after the incident, a few days later, that he heard some news.

Juliet had returned alive, but she had lost her memory, along with the bodies of her parents.

‘I’ve always known that girl was resilient.’

Just like three years ago, she had come back to life once again.

There were also rumors circulating about her not remembering anything due to the shock, but Gaspar was uneasy.

If Juliet were to speak up, she would undoubtedly accuse Gaspar as the culprit.

Sure enough, the day after Juliet’s return, Gaspar was summoned by the capital guards.

Rumors began to spread that Gaspar was somehow connected to the deaths of the Count and Countess.

Indeed, leaving Juliet alive had become a burden.

‘It was a good thing I prepared an alibi in advance.’

Quick-witted Gaspar had arranged for witnesses to testify to his alibi shortly after hiring the group of scoundrels.

Gaspar claimed his innocence, emphasizing that he was unjustly accused.

The fortunate misfortune was that the group of scoundrels who were present that day had completely vanished.

The only evidence of their existence was Juliet’s testimony.

As expected, the capital guards couldn’t incriminate him in court with just that and released him.

But if any of them had survived and testified that Gaspar was the mastermind behind this…

Gaspar trembled with fear.

However, there were still lingering questions. Where did the scoundrels go, and how did that girl return unharmed?

It was a mystery. The scoundrels Gaspar had hired were notorious for being ruthless.

Would those guys suddenly confess their guilt and show sympathy by sparing Juliet?

“You’re late, uncle Gaspar.”

Gaspar stopped in his tracks and froze on the spot.

“You, you…”