Chapter 12

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 12

“Juliet?”

However, the room was empty.

Lennox’s gaze, fixed on the empty room, rested on the chest of drawers. On it lay a necklace, gleaming faintly in the darkness.

Then he saw a blue butterfly was fluttering around the room, scattering.

The moment Lennox discovered Juliet’s butterfly, he understood the situation instantly.

At the same time, his blood ran cold.

“Your Highness!”

The people who had belatedly followed him gathered in front of the wide-open door.

Without a word, Lennox picked up the paper knife that was on the table.

Crunch.

The knife that slipped from his hand pierced through the wings of the butterfly that had been fluttering around the vanity mirror.

The blue butterfly, as if it were a living creature, shook its wings frantically, then scattered a burst of iridescent powder and disappeared without a trace.

“No, what is this…?”

The servants who had hurriedly followed and confirmed the empty room still had bewildered expressions.

“But, my lord, we clearly saw the young lady return to the mansion and get off the carriage.”

“Yes, and we saw her come up to this room on the second floor…”

Oh no.

As the butterfly vanished and the spell was broken, the servants, who were now aware of the situation belatedly, fell into contemplation.

They had definitely seen Juliet return home, but from the beginning, it had been under the influence of the magic. Juliet’s ability was something he knew best.

An illusion created by summoning demons from another realm.

It was a rare ability to make the chosen target see illusions, but Juliet’s skills were still limited when it came to freely manipulating demons.

As far as he knew, Juliet could only cast the spell on one or two targets at a time.

Juliet’s ability was powerful enough to possess people, but using it openly in public places consumed a lot of magical energy and had many restrictions.

So, deceiving one servant wouldn’t have been difficult, but it meant she couldn’t deceive all the many servants in this duke’s mansion at the same time.

However, Juliet succeeded and escaped smoothly.

The implication was clear. Juliet had hidden the fact that her abilities had grown.

She deceived him and laughed falsely. Since when had she planned to escape?

“It seems she didn’t go to the mansion of Count Monad.”

The butler reported quietly, perhaps having made contact in the meantime.

Lennox looked down at the necklace, neatly placed in a box on the vanity, with emotionless eyes.

It was the necklace he had sent to Juliet this morning.

The abandoned necklace left behind was significant.

In addition to him, in the elegantly furnished room, there were also other jewelry and luxurious dresses that he had given her during the time that they were together.