Chapter 104

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 104

.

All the way down the corridor, Juliet didn’t even make eye contact with him.

However, he couldn’t take his eyes off the hand that grasped his wrist and the back of the woman walking ahead.

Juliet took him to a secluded terrace a short distance away.

Thump.

As Juliet let go of his hand to close the terrace door, Lennox felt a pang of longing.

His wrist, still warm, felt strangely tingling.

Even for the south, the evening air was quite chilly. Lennox wanted to offer her a coat, but he didn’t think Juliet would accept it.

Only after making sure no one was around did Juliet turn to face him.

“I didn’t need your help.”

“…Is that what you say to someone who helped you?”

A sarcastic question came first.

But Lennox probably knew best.

Juliet didn’t need his help. He just couldn’t contain her anger at the moment and jumped in.

Looking back, it was always like this. ‘I won’t bother you’ meant not to meddle in one’s own affairs.

“I can solve my problems.”

“…”

“So, don’t interfere…”

That’s what he didn’t like.

Lennox couldn’t bring himself to say it out loud.

Now he was the one clinging.

Juliet looked at him for a moment and then asked directly. She wasn’t one to beat around the bush.

“So, did you buy the villa too?”

“You’re not surprised.”

“I thought you would.”

The curtains, furniture, even the fruit served on a silver plate, everything was tailored to Juliet’s taste. And it resembled the summer villa they spent time in every year.

“You must have thought I wouldn’t notice.”

“…”

Lennox didn’t answer.

Somehow, when she spotted him in the hall, Juliet wasn’t shaken at all.

She asked sincerely.

“What do you want from me?”

She was curious about why he went through the trouble of decorating the villa, sending an invitation through Ilena, and inviting her to the south. But instead of answering, Lennox handed her something.

“What is this?”

“You’ll know when you see it.”

Instead of explaining, Lennox replied curtly.

He didn’t want to bring it up in this situation. But he had a feeling that if not now, the opportunity would never come.

He wasn’t sure he’d ever see her again.

Taking what he offered with a puzzled look, Juliet soon became even more baffled.

“Why is this…”

It was something Juliet recognized.

It was the contract she asked him to write 7 years ago.

“You ended it unilaterally. So, it’s only fair to give me a chance to correct it, right?”