Chapter 6

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 6

The scenery in Duke Carlyle’s office was somewhat stern.

“There was nothing suspicious.”

Listening to the knight’s report, Duke Carlyle signed the last page of the approval document he was holding.

With this, the tasks that needed to be resolved in the capital were almost finished.

“Is it done?”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

Elliot, the Duke’s secretary, quickly nodded his head.

“You don’t have any urgent matters to attend to for the time being.”

For the entire morning, Duke Carlyle had been busy as if a typhoon had swept through. It was because their master suddenly declared that he would finish all the tasks that needed to be done in the capital by today.

No one dared to oppose the Duke’s decision.

The Duke’s secretaries spent half a day reviewing contract documents and meeting with guests as if they were crazy.

It was astonishing how they managed to accomplish it all, but in any case, after completing all the schedules, the Duke’s residence became as calm as a clear sky after the rain.

Lennox Carlyle looked thoughtfully out the window.

Having finished all urgent matters, he could now analyze the information he had received earlier about Juliet’s activities and the places she had visited over the past few months.

Juliet didn’t enjoy the pleasures of social life, and her social circle was very narrow.

Her daily life was the same monotonous and unchanged as always, she had no contact with suspicious personalities.

In addition, the escort accompanying her reported her every move every hour.

Even today’s Juliet’s schedule was no different from usual.

Like him, she spent half the day in a busy but organized schedule.

It wasn’t a special day, except that she had to be back at the Duke’s residence by noon, as he had invited her to dinner.

In addition, he already knew about the events that happened in the temple.

“Count Casper, you said?”

“Yes, do you know the name of Marquis Guinness? Engaged to Princess Priscilla. It seems he’s almost lost his mind. I think it must be because of the young lady…”

Of course, Lennox had already forgotten about the Count’s insignificant name.

If Juliet had used her impressive illusions in front of people, it would have been a reasonable occurrence.

His only concern at the moment was one thing.

Contrary to their agreement, Juliet hadn’t returned to the mansion even after lunchtime.

“The young lady will come to the palace banquet hall right after getting ready at the Monad’s residence.”

“I see.”

Jude, who had gone to escort Juliet, reported.

In the capital, the mansion of Count Monad, Juliet’s family, still remained.

Lennox wasn’t worried that Juliet would suddenly run away or anything of the sort.

The guards he assigned to her were the elite members of the Duke’s knights.