Chapter 110

Juliet leaned on the railing and stretched her body out towards the stands.

She looked down with her opera glasses. They were sitting in the grandstand of the largest racetrack in the South.

To anyone watching, it would seem she was enjoying the view of the racetrack.

However, Juliet’s gaze was fixed on a couple of small butterflies that flew towards the stands.

The butterflies, glowing with a bluish hue, were so tiny in the crowded venue that you’d miss them if you weren’t paying close attention.

Some were momentarily captivated by the shimmering butterflies, but soon turned their heads, thinking they must have seen wrongly.

“It’s dangerous, sit down.”

From behind, Lennox pulled her waist.

Juliet sneaked a glance at him as she obediently sat down.

He was the one who had warned that starving the butterflies was dangerous.

And such an excited crowd was a feast for the butterflies.

Even though, despite mobilizing the entire information guild, they hadn’t been able to find anything about ‘Snowdrop’, Juliet had her plans.

Watching the sleek horses racing on the track, Juliet exclaimed:

“The horses of the South are certainly different.”

Lennox, who was resting his chin beside her, casually asked:

“Want one?”

“No. Don’t even dream about it.”

At her firm refusal, Lennox seemed a little disappointed for a moment.

Juliet gave him a sidelong glance.

She definitely felt more relaxed here than at the theater.

Nevertheless, Lennox looked somber. Ever since their visit to the lake, he seemed lost in thought.

“Is it because of the magic stone mine?”

When Juliet asked directly, Lennox’s eyebrows furrowed.

“Did Elliot tell you?”

“?”

“No.”

She could figure out that much without asking his secretary.

It had happened in her past life, too.

Marquis Guinness from the South’s was fighting over the rights to the magic stone with the North. That’s why the members of the Carlyle Duchy were so busy.

“Are you worried?”

With his chin still propped up, Lennox locked eyes with her and asked.

Somehow, Juliet felt he was expecting a certain answer from her.

But before she could respond, he sighed lightly and turned his head.

“Don’t worry. I won’t let you live lacking.”

“I’m not worried about that.”

Juliet already knew who would win this war.

Moreover, even if the rights to the magic stone business were taken away, it wouldn’t destabilize the Duchy.

Lennox didn’t really care about the Marquis’s house or the magic stones either, and he gazed intently at the side profile of the woman observing the ground floor.