Chapter 84

Forgotten Juliete Chapter 84

Juliet was greatly taken aback.

“What did I say then?”

“Yes.”

Roy continued with a calm expression.

“Dahlia was supposed to appear as the saintess of Lucerne, but you wonder why she hasn’t shown up yet…”

Juliet bit her tongue. It felt like she was holding her breath.

“You said that.”

However, Roy’s words didn’t end there.

“And you cried and apologized to that man, Juliet.”

Roy smirked.

“You begged in his hands, saying you didn’t want to die again and to please not kill you.”

For a moment, Juliet felt the urge to run away.

Why did she say that?

Everything went dark before her eyes. Not only did she need to check Lennox’s condition immediately, but she also had another concern.

‘Could the disappearance of the butterfly be related to this?’

Soon, Juliet realized she was watching Roy’s reaction.

Of course, she wouldn’t blame anyone if they thought she was crazy.

However, it felt a bit hurtful thinking those transparent pumpkin-colored eyes looked cold at her.

She couldn’t even remember what she had said so far. After that, she even lost the butterflies.

“Pff.”

“…?”

Hearing a sound as if someone was holding back laughter, Juliet cautiously raised her head.

“Juliet.”

Roy, who was sitting on the opposite seat of the shaking carriage, leaned forward.

He rested his hand right next to where Juliet sat.

The carriage of the Count Monad’s house wasn’t very large, so with Roy doing so, it felt crowded.

“I told you. I don’t care who you are or what you say.”

“Roy. I… why did I say that…”

“I’d rather you didn’t answer.”

“Yes.”

Juliet nodded slightly.

“Okay. Let’s pretend I didn’t hear anything. Let’s just say I lost my mind for a moment.”

Roy smirked.

* * *

The sound of the carriage wheels rolling over the gravel rang out.

The residence of Duke Carlyle in the capital was eerily quiet. This was because the master of the mansion declined visitors due to health reasons.

So, the sudden appearance of a carriage drew unfavorable glances.

“What’s this? A visitor?”

“Do we have an appointment or not?”

Already filled with discontent due to the deteriorating condition of Lennox Carlyle over the past month, the Duke’s secretaries weren’t pleased.

“I’ll check.”

With a stern look, Elliot approached the carriage.

‘…Which family’s carriage is that?’