Chapter 29

Forgotten Juliete - Chapter 29

In a sparsely populated train, those who stood out naturally caught Juliet’s attention.

The clothes they wore resembled some kind of uniform, but it was a bit strange.

Typically, a uniform would have some form of insignia, symbol, or badge that could indicate their status. However, there were no visible markings or signs of distinction.

And that wasn’t the only suspicious thing.

Though they passed by very briefly, Juliet noticed something peculiar. When they passed by her, she saw a medium-sized knife concealed within the fluttering folds of their black cloaks.

Juliet, who had grown weary of the knights of the Duke for seven years, could not fail to recognize it.

Carrying weapons on the train was strictly prohibited.

Should she inform the train crew? But she was concerned that it might cause even more commotion.

‘… I hope it’s nothing serious.’

Juliet glanced in the direction where the men with concealed knives had disappeared.

However, the truly strange event occurred when the train stopped at the next station. Once again, a group of suspicious individuals surged onto the train.

They didn’t seem to have knives this time.

But even from a distance, they looked out of the ordinary.

‘Really big.’

With her eyes wide open in amazement, Juliet locked eyes with a middle-aged man who seemed to be the leader of the group.

He was a rugged man who stood close to 2 meters tall.

‘Bigger than sir Cain, it seems.’

Juliet casually sipped her tea, recalling her former bodyguard, Cain.

However, that man seemed even larger than the former mercenary captain, Cain.

He seemed like a humanized bear, if anything.

Unlike the previous group that had carried large luggage onto the train, these individuals didn’t seem to be concealing knives.

But they were all sturdy figures, so imposing that it seemed they wouldn’t need any weapons.

Intuitively, it felt like they would have the upper hand if they were to confront the men who had hidden knives earlier.

“… I’m certain. Roy is definitely on this train.”

“Disperse quietly and search for him.”

Roy?

Juliet had no intention of eavesdropping on the conversation of these suspicious people, but a fragment of the phrase still flew to her ears.

It seemed like they were looking for someone.

As the train started moving again, the suspicious group quickly moved to another car.

Juliet thought it would be best to return to her compartment before getting involved in something troublesome.

She was concerned about the men in black clothes who concealed knives earlier, and seeing another suspicious group raised the likelihood of trouble.

‘…But what about the scones?’

Juliet was disappointed, but she thought it would be best to go back to her compartment for now. Her teacup was empty anyway. However, just as Juliet was about to get up from her seat, the attendant with a tray returned, and Juliet sat back down smoothly.