Chapter 38

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 38

“Oh?”

Veronica, who had been sitting at the library entrance counter seriously conversing with a few people, widened her eyes upon spotting Juliet.

“My goodness, I wasn’t paying attention. Did you finish your tour?”

“Yes, thanks to you.”

As Juliet smiled and greeted her, about to leave the library, the crowd of people at the entrance feigned surprise.

“Oh, is this the lady who came for a visit?”

As it was a small town, rumors seemed to spread quickly.

Quickly scanning their attire, Juliet recognized the clothes from the group she had seen a lot in the town square.

As hospitable as the merchants usually were, they unhesitatingly struck up a conversation with the stranger, Juliet.

“You saw some trouble as soon as you arrived, didn’t you?”

“It doesn’t always happen like this. You’re not hurt, are you?”

Juliet, who had been wondering what they were talking about, realized they were referring to the incident where she had bumped into a pickpocket.

“Oh, I’m fine. I’m unharmed.”

They introduced themselves as the Ash Merchant Group. It seemed they were also in the square when the incident happened yesterday.

“If you’re heading back to the square, it might be good to wait and take a carriage together.”

Juliet, finding no reason to refuse, readily agreed.

She had wondered why the merchants were in the library, and it turned out they needed a map of the forest kept in the library.

‘A map of the forest? Don’t they have more maps in their guild?’

What was so important that they had to come all the way to the library?

That’s when Juliet noticed the map the group was moving.

‘Ah, so that’s it..’

The map of the forest was not made of paper. A large relief of the forest, carved into wooden blocks like a puzzle, was laid out in front of her.

While the merchants disassembled and moved the forest model onto a carriage, Juliet sat at the entrance and perused the books on display.

Given the region, many of the books were related to herbalism and history.

Juliet picked out and looked over one book with a particularly interesting title.

Meanwhile, a merchant and Veronica were having a serious conversation.

“This could make the problem more serious.”

“It’s already a mess because of the slave traders. They’re indiscriminately capturing the representatives of mixed races…”

“Do you think that’s related to what happened this time?”

“What about the lord of Aquitaine?”

“When did you ever see the great lord concerned about something like this?”

“The Silver Forest won’t sit still either.”

“Are you talking about lycanthrope?”

…Lycanthrope?

Juliet had not intended to eavesdrop but paused in her reading.