Chapter 69

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 69

Juliet looked at herself in the mirror, tilting her head with unease.

It had been a long time since she had dressed so glamorously, so her reflection seemed a bit awkward.

‘Just the other day, I was struggling, rolling on the dirt ground.’

However, she kept Lillian’s heirloom, a pearl necklace, unchanged.

The small silver key pendant at the end of the necklace seemed perfectly matched, as if chosen deliberately.

Having not dressed up in such a detailed manner for so long, by the time she was applying her final touch of red lipstick, Juliet had half-dozed off, her head resting in the hands of the attendants.

The attendants woke her up with a gentle shake of her shoulders, smiling with satisfaction.

“It’s done.”

They then brought a mirror.

When Juliet casually glanced at the mirror, her eyes widened.

A stunning beauty blinked back in surprise, with eyes that looked as if they were painted on paper and a complexion that was vibrant.

“Not bad, right?”

Not bad?

Juliet thought that was a huge understatement.

It was hard to believe it was her own face.

‘If I had to do it every day, I don’t think I could ever do it again.’

Juliet preferred a modest look over a flashy one. She believed that her features didn’t suit flashy makeup.

However, she now wondered if her judgment over the past years had been wrong.

Juliet, still finding the woman in the mirror unfamiliar, awkwardly adjusted her earrings.

Like the tiara, the earrings adorned with large rubies and pearls dangled.

“You look very beautiful.”

Then, a familiar voice was heard from behind.

“Roy!”

It was the person Helen mentioned. It turned out to be Roy.

It had been two weeks since she last saw him.

“Hello, Juliet. I came to escort you, miss.”

Roy extended his hand with a gentle smile, making Juliet glad to see a familiar face in a strange place.

* * *

Meanwhile, Teo stood at the entrance to Lucerne’s central ballroom.

Helen had ordered him to be there, concerned for Juliet’s safety.

“Where did that girl go?”

Grumbling, Teo witnessed a peculiar scene.

“Huh?”

A familiar figure, no, Lycanthrope was heading towards the central ballroom with a woman.

“What is that guy doing?”

Teo muttered angrily.

‘This is why you can’t trust werewolves.’

They can’t be trusted at all.

‘Instead of escorting Juliet, he shows up with someone else?’

As Teo waited to confront them, he hesitated.