Chapter 43

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 43

Juliet’s eyes widened.

“Oh, elder.”

Zachary didn’t know what to do, he was flustered. Juliet was equally flustered.

‘I helped him!’

Repaying kindness with enmity.

Juliet began to resent the nameless old man.

“Give this back.”

“…Huh?”

For some reason, the old man with a complicated expression handed something to Zachary, as if he was disarming in a demilitarized zone, with a cautious touch.

Zachary looked perplexed, but he followed the instructions and passed the item to Juliet.

Juliet opened her eyes wide and exclaimed without realizing it.

“My glove!”

The object in his hand was familiar.

‘And that’s my hairpin, right?’

These were clearly the items she had lost two days ago.

She had turned her bed upside down twice to find them!

She was momentarily happy to find the items she thought she had undoubtedly lost.

Juliet glared at the old man with narrow eyes.

“Oh, okay. I’m getting goosebumps now.”

Juliet was angry.

Anyone in this situation would have been.

She thought it was a gentle rural village, but it turned out to be a suspicious village beyond belief.

The villagers, as one, tried to stop her from going out, conspired to not give her a job. And…

…She didn’t know why they took it, or what they intended to do with it, but they even stole her stuff and used it for their play.

Just as Juliet was about to ask, the old man with red hair, who had been watching her, preempted her.

“My name is Lionel Lebatan.”

Even for Juliet, there was no way she would respond with ‘Oh, I see. I’m Juliet Monad. Countess Monad.’

However, the other party didn’t seem to be joking.

If it was true, she was meeting one of the most famous figures of the last half-century.

“…So?”

Juliet asked, trying her best not to show her agitation.

The old man who introduced himself as Lionel Lebatan looked down at Juliet for a while without a word.

“The name ‘Lebatan’ means morning star.”

I know.

Juliet crossed her arms with a somewhat stubborn attitude.

Because it was drawn on the banner of the Ash Mercenary Group that Lionel led when he was young.

Juliet had seen that banner too. A flag embroidered with gold thread on a navy blue fabric, almost black.

“And ‘Seneca’ means Venus in ancient language.”

Juliet’s eyes widened.

‘…Really?’

As Juliet still looked doubtful, Lionel Lebatan took out a worn-out purple cloth and showed it to her.

To Juliet’s eyes, it looked like a baby’s swaddle.