Chapter 114

“Oh, you’re here.”

“Miss, no, Countess Monad.”

Familiar faces gathered in the annex greeted her.

Some ladies tried to avoid Juliet’s eyes, looking awkward, while others forced a smile.

The aftermath of Duke Carlyle’s rampage was still felt.

Juliet smiled faintly in response.

In fact, the preparations for the wedding were just a formality; this gathering was more about building relationships.

Fatima, catching Juliet’s eye, made a brief awkward gesture but then did her best to avoid her gaze.

“How about we arrange the guests like this?”

“And the order of entry is…”

The ladies buzzed around the future Crown Princess, offering their opinions and suggestions. Fatima, surrounded by them, looked very happy.

Standing out to the bride in this setting could earn one the title of Maid of Honor, the most prominent of bridesmaids.

Being the Maid of Honor to the Crown Princess was a significant title.

But Juliet was the only one in this setting not interested in that title.

Everything important, from the type of flowers to be used on the wedding day, the color of the ribbons, and the seating of guests, was left to the close aides of the future Crown Princess.

While the bridesmaid candidates eagerly discussed matters by Fatima’s side, Juliet was tasked with making ribbons for gift wrapping.

It was a simple task that anyone could do, but she didn’t mind it.

“Excuse me… Countess Monad. We will handle this.”

“It’s okay.”

Palace maids approached, looking flustered, but Juliet casually waved them off. It took her a long time as she wasn’t particularly skilled with her hands.

The atmosphere at the Duke’s mansion was tense, making it uncomfortable to stay.

The conflict with Marquis Guinness seemed prolonged. The officials of the Duke’s mansion were all busy with grim expressions.

No one explained what the issue was with Marquis Guinness’s magic stone,

– It’s none of your concern.

Lennox firmly said.

Without any reason or means to help, Juliet felt more at ease in a place where she could be lost in thought.

‘Why did Marquis Guinness suddenly take control of the magic stone mine?’ Juliet pondered.

Such an event hadn’t occurred in her past life’s experiences.

In her past life, Marquis Guinness had deeply resented the North’s monopoly on magic stones, hatching countless plots, and was ultimately defeated and killed by the Duke.

‘But the current Marquis Guinness is still alive.’

If things had gone as in the past, he should have died years ago.

Well, many things have changed from the past, so maybe the Marquis being alive wasn’t so strange.

But the sudden discovery of a magic stone mine in the South was definitely strange.

‘Mines can’t just be discovered overnight.’

How did he get hold of the mine?

As Juliet was lost in thought, an unusual conversation took place around the future Crown Princess.