Chapter 54

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 54

“Haa!”

Among the Black Mane Guild members, a sound of astonishment began to break out.

“I expected a lot from the Marigold’s summoner, but tsk.”

“Ah, just wasted time.”

“Indeed. What can such a woman know?”

Disappointed guild members grumbled and walked away.

However, Juliet didn’t care. That was exactly the reaction she wanted.

Juliet, who patted her shoulder satisfactorily and looked back, felt slightly upset.

Eshel was looking at her with a grin.

“…That’s quite an impressive ability.”

Even at his mocking words, Juliet remained unfazed.

When she looked to the side, Magda was looking after the children.

“Magda.”

Magda was protecting her daughter Deyna and the village children. Perhaps because Deyna had seen Juliet’s butterfly a while ago, she spoke proudly.

“My mom is a sculptor!”

“So?”

Juliet responded without any particular emotion, but Eshelrid showed interest.

“A sculptor? From Canabel?”

“No, she originally went to art school in Carcassonne. She hasn’t been in Canabel for long. Canabel’s marble is very famous.”

Juliet, feeling curious, asked.

“Do you still work on sculptures these days?”

“Yes, but it’s still incomplete.”

“What kind of sculpture?”

“It’s a statue of the Sorrowful Saintess…”

“The Sorrowful Saintess?”

Juliet, who had no interest in theology, thought, ‘I see’, but surprisingly it was Eshelrid who perked up.

“Are you sculpting it for this year’s breeding festival?”

“Yes, that’s right.”

“Is that a big deal?”

“A big deal? It’s huge! It’s an honor given only to thirteen sculptors across the continent!”

“Well, it’s not that great. More than anything, it’s still incomplete.”

Magda blushed, seeming embarrassed. When Eshel looked at her as if she said something strange, Juliet glanced at him.

There could be a lack of interest in religion, why is he being so peculiar?

“Eshel, you’re a magician, right? Do magicians also believe in religion?”

“Why can’t we?”

“Weren’t the Mage Tower and the temple on bad terms?”

Eshel shrugged his shoulders instead of answering. Magda sighed and said.

“I might end up with a Faceless Saintess. I’m not sure what face to depict.”

In essence, that was the story.

She had to sculpt the most beautiful face in the world, but people’s standards of beauty are all slightly different. Especially since the client is the temple, it’s very difficult to satisfy that strict aesthetic standard.