Chapter 32

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 32

The audience with the Emperor didn’t even take half an hour.

Elliot, who was waiting outside the audience chamber, bowed politely towards the exiting Duke.

He was curious about what his master and the Emperor had discussed in such a short time.

However, before he could ask about the conversation, Elliot noticed that the Duke was holding a decorative item in his hand.

It was a silver figurine of a dove with its wings half open.

It was quite charming, as if it suited the hands of his master, but it also seemed awkward.

‘Oh, did His Highness have anything like that?’

Elliot tilted his head in confusion.

Was it a gift from the Emperor? It somehow looked familiar.

But before Elliot could inquire, Duke Carlyle called out to him first.

“Elliot.”

“Yes, Your Highness.”

“Take the knights and return to the North. And as soon as you return, prepare for the ceremony.”

“Pardon?”

Elliot realized the meaning of those words a beat late. The instruction to take the entourage and return to the North meant that Duke Carlyle wouldn’t be going too.

…Moreover, a ceremony? What kind of ceremony?

Elliot decided to ask the questions in order of what he was most curious about.

“So, Your Highness, what about you…?”

“As for me…”

Duke Lennox Carlyle, who had already stepped outside the palace, lightly mounted his black horse and held the reins, speaking calmly.

“I will go and fetch my bride.”

* * *

‘Ah.’

Juliet opened her eyes on the soft bed.

As soon as she opened her eyes, she was surprised by the muscle pain that attacked her. Her whole body was in pain. She wondered why her joints hurt so much…

Then, she remembered what happened yesterday.

“Yeah, that’s right…”

She saw a huge wolf and saved him, then she met some strange passengers and saw how they got into a fight on the train…

She had slept deeply without even having a vivid dream in a long time, and now she knew why. It was all because of the intense soreness in her body.

Juliet groaned as she cautiously got out of bed.

The voices that greeted her were never pleasant, no matter when.

(You opened. Eyes.)

(Master. Greetings. Morning.)

Not only did butterflies flutter around the bedroom, but they even imitated human gestures, offering a ‘morning greeting’.

Perhaps due to her mood, Juliet felt that they were getting more skilled at imitating humans.

“….Yeah. Hello.”

Knowing that they would become even more annoying if she ignored them, Juliet half-heartedly greeted them.

(Hello?)

(Hello. Morning.)

As Juliet drank water, the butterflies seemed more excited, chirping new words they had learned among themselves.