Chapter 14

Forgotten Juliet - Chapter 14

‘Let’s think about something else. Think about…’

Juliet consciously tried to imagine pleasant things.

Sparkling, beautiful, and glamorous things.

So, Juliet thought of her glass slippers again. More precisely, the dresses and jewelry she left behind at the mansion and the Duke’s residence.

She left all these things that the Duke gave her in his house untouched.

‘I felt like burning all those dresses in my heart and getting rid of them completely…’

Juliet chuckled bitterly.

They were unquestionably the property of the Carlyle family. She might not know the exact value of the mansions in the capital, but it was right to leave them behind.

‘That was beautiful, that necklace.’

Juliet smiled mischievously.

Thinking about the lover who left all the jewelry behind.

In a kind-hearted fairytale, the heroine would shed tears, but it was worth considering that those expensive jewels were left at the mansion.

‘I was such a materialistic person…’

But Juliet didn’t think of herself as good-hearted, so she didn’t care.

Suddenly, Juliet became curious.

When would his vacant seat be filled?

Just as Juliet easily replaced his past lovers, Lennox would soon forget about her. Then the Duke’s new lover would take the seat that once belonged to her.

Just one thing.

Juliet didn’t like the idea of his new, unfamiliar lover using the things he had given her.

Of course, Lennox wouldn’t care.

Even if he were to give away the belongings Juliet left behind to his new lover, she had no right to object.

So, Juliet made one last wish.

That the necklace wouldn’t adorn the neck of an unknown woman.

That was all.

‘I should have left a note or something.’

Could I have asked him not to give my necklace to someone else and just sell it instead? Juliet chuckled a little.

But she didn’t have time. She had no time to calmly organize her thoughts and choose her words to say goodbye with composure.

That’s why she should have prepared in advance.

Foolish and stupid, Juliet Monad, this is the ending you wanted, isn’t it?

You knew from the beginning it would end up like this. You knew that eventually you would escape like this.

Juliet laughed bitterly.

If she had taken a little more time and slowly brought up the conversation, he might have hesitated at the words that he would leave without much emotion.

Or maybe he would have bid her farewell without any lingering feelings.

‘So foolish.’

All this time, she had deceived herself too much.

She could have stayed like this a little longer.

With the misconception and fleeting hope.

But he remained Lennox Carlyle until the end. He didn’t change, and Juliet, who had promised herself not to get hurt, grew tired first.