𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧...

· 。゚☆: *.☽
▎𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑 ▎
»»————- 𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘯𝘦: 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘩𝘶𝘯𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘥𝘵𝘩🕊️
𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁 — 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚊𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚁𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚒𝚘𝚗

𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭  𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳

𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘨𝘢𝘻𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴
𝘢𝘴 𝘤𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘶𝘴 𝘢𝘴 𝘢 𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘩𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘴 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘪𝘧 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦
𝘢 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘵 𝘰𝘳 𝘢 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘳...

— ᵂⁱˡˡⁱᵃᵐ ˢʰᵃᵏᵉˢᵖᵉᵃʳᵉ

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE CRUSHING WEIGHT OF HER INITIAL DEFEAT BECAME AN UNBEARABLE BURDEN FOR MAJOR L/N, tearing at her heart with relentless anguish, rendering her unable to withstand its devastating toll. 'Oh, Benjamin... Why couldn't you just fucking listen?' She screamed within, desolation echoing through the depths of her soul as she gazed upon the lifeless Bombardier, still bearing the defiant spirit of the living, his cold, dead eyes burning into her teary y/e/c ones with relentless intensity. 'Born an asshole, died an asshole.' She kept her eulogy short, not having much to say. It wasn't the man she felt pity for, but rather, his beautiful family.

Benji had it in for her ever since he first arrived barely a week ago, the commander of the 389th. Homophobic, racist, xenophobic, misogynist. You name it, he was it. Typical man of the pre-historic era. But for y/n, this was nothing unfamiliar. She had faced graver challenges and steeled herself to confront even more formidable ones. Death, an all too frequent companion in this noble pursuit, had visited them before, numerous times since their arrival nearly a month ago. Its presence failed to unsettle her as it should have. It was as though she had already witnessed the depths of despair, undeterred by the darkness that loomed in the future.

Nevertheless, she couldn't banish the insidious thought that lingered, a venomous notion that whispered, 'Perhaps if I were a man, things would've been different...' A bitter realization gnawed at her, suggesting that perhaps then, she would receive the reverence she rightfully deserved, empowering her to safeguard the lives she had pledged to protect. Yet, another part of her recognized the harsh truth — her biology wasn't the root issue. It was the entrenched, antiquated mentalities that pervaded. What value lay in any mindset, if not harnessed to champion a shared purpose?